What's new

AC-RT68U: printer connection gets lost

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gjf

Hi All

I am using AC-RT68U with latest Merlin fw.
My Epson Stylus Photo TX650 is connected to router via USB and connection is OK according to router.
I am using "printer.exe" utility from Asus to tunnel USB printer via TCP/IP. It's good because both scanner and printer works via network.... at first glance.

I am not using printer turned on constantly. So after turning off printer PCs in network cannot see it anymore, but the router shows the connection is active and OK. Monopoly mode doesn't solve the problem, starting "printer.exe" once again doesn't see the connection also, only rebooting the router helps.

I didn't test LPR method because in this case I cannot use scanner via network.

Is it possible to make printer connection stable?

Why do you turn the printer off? The point is to have it available as you need it.

If you leave the printer on, I think the problem you have will go away.

I turn it off because it is inkjet printer. And it is not necessary to be available all the time. And of course there are some issues with desiccation of ink in inkjet printers when they are not in use but powered on for a long time.

Okay. Someone may be able to help with detecting your printer again without a reboot when you power it on.

Seems like rebooting now is the only option you have though.

I thought there is some in-built possibility to solve this problem.
If there is not and you can cofirm it - OK.
As I said I am using custom firmware, so I believe Merlin will help with it (possibly).

Sorry, can't confirm either way.

RMerlin may have more info for you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!