What's new

[AC1900P] BB variant of AC68U(I think) Overclocking? yes or no?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wallaby32

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Been using this router for about 2 weeks. It's pretty much a beast. But, I was wondering with the new bootloader version that Asus is using, is it possible to Overclock? standard clock is at 1.4ghz. with a small fan I can keep CPU temps down to about 62C and I would like to push the clock a little faster. Maybe just 1.6ghz.

If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

What is your goal for overclocking? Doesn't seem like a 14% increase in possible performance increase is worth the stress on the router?

What is your goal for overclocking? Doesn't seem like a 14% increase in possible performance increase is worth the stress on the router?
couple things.. faster openVPN speeds and faster samba disk performance.

Also have gigabit fiber wan connection, helps to have faster clock speed.

couple things.. faster openVPN speeds and faster samba disk performance.

Also have gigabit fiber wan connection, helps to have faster clock speed.

What is your current VPN speed? I don't think it can help as much (not as much as the 14% indicated increase) for samba though?

I haven't checked the current VPN speed. I have only upgraded my router to the latest merlin. Then factory reset and haven't set up my vpns yet.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!