What's new

AC3100 - Setting Https Locks out admin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DieselGeek

New Around Here
I bought this box back in November 2019, set it up and it worked without issues until last Monday when it stopped responding. I had to perform a Factory reset to access the box. Once I setup all of the parameters on the box, I set the HTTPS parameters. When the box rebooted, I was unable to access the box. I performed a second factory reset and rebuilt the box. Each time i made a change, i verified the user name and password. Once I set the box to utilize HTTPS, I once again was locked out of the box upon reboot. I'm at a lose. I tried chatting with ASUS and all i received was a comment to take it back to the reseller for warranty.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Please define locked out?
No response at all to URL?
User/password rejected?
Refreshes login page on every logon attempt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please define locked out?
No response at all to URL?
User/password rejected?
Refreshes login page on every logon attempt?

After reboot, I would close my browser and reopen
Enter https://router.asus.com:8443
entered user name and password
login rejected
attempt a second time to verify that i didn't mistype the password
login rejected

That’s odd
Did you set up a certificate with Let’s Encrypt?
I know of an oddity that if you use a domain not on the cert to access it then the logon is rejected, try using the 192.168... IP of the router rather than the router.asus.com would be my only suggestion.

That’s odd
Did you set up a certificate with Let’s Encrypt?
I know of an oddity that if you use a domain not on the cert to access it then the logon is rejected, try using the 192.168... IP of the router rather than the router.asus.com would be my only suggestion.

Interesting. I never had to set up a certificate with Let's Encrypt before. I have had three different routers in the house and never had this type of problem with https. Once I set the https configuration and the box reboots, the 192.168.1.1 doesn't respond anymore.

Let’s Encrypt isn’t a must, just nice to have so you don’t get the self sign warning using the router generated one.

Have to say I’m a bit stumped!

@DieselGeek is your user name and password longer than 16 alphanumeric characters? Do you have any special characters, punctuation and/or smiley faces and spaces in them?

Are you using a password manager or browser that fills in the fields?

@DieselGeek is your user name and password longer than 16 alphanumeric characters? Do you have any special characters, punctuation and/or smiley faces and spaces in them?

Are you using a password manager or browser that fills in the fields?

My password is 16 characters and I have special characters in my password. That has never been a problem in the past. I am not utilizing a password manager to fill in the characters.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online