What's new

AC5300 to Switch LAG

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

king908

New Around Here
Good morning,
New member here, but not new to Asus networking, I have a AC-5300 that I set the Switch Mode to LAG, and put the 2 ports to the Netgear 24 Port Managed Switch. I set the 2 ports as LAG also, and the trunk is up.

Issue:
Any PC or Access Point that is connected to the switch is able to get a IP Address, but unable to route any traffic. I can ping devices connected to the switch, but can't ping outside the network, and also the Access Points (asus) are not able to have devices connect via Wifi.

If I disconnect one of the LAG ports from the switch or router, everything returns to normal.
So question is, is the Asus RT AC-5300 cable of supporting LAG to Switch? or was it designed for a single device LAG and not a Network LAG.

I am running the ASUS firmware, and I am interested in the ASUSWRT or ASUSWRT-Merlin, just haven't gotten to that yet. Would these allow me to specify the settings outside the Asus Firmware?

Thank you.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!