What's new

AC66U Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ABlizz

New Around Here
My AC66U has been working fine for the past several months. I turned it off because my internet was slow....just thought it needed a reset. Now the led light over the power label is blinking very slowly. I'm guessing it's in a standby / recovery mode?

I was reading over other posts - and it seems that I could maybe just use the firmware recovery tool to refresh the box completely? I have a Mac though - and that CD is windows friendly only. I used a program called Crossover to see if I could install it on my computer...however I haven't had much success.

Any suggestions on how to get my router working again? Checked the ASUS website...and it's pretty much useless.

Thank you!

Assuming the router is on 192.168.1.1, try setting your computer to 192.168.1.10, Mask 255.255.255.0. While the power LED is blinking, open a web browser and try to access the mini webserver through http://192.168.1.1. If it works, you will be able to reflash the firmware through that web page.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!