What's new

AC66U speed limit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ironsmack

New Around Here
Hey guys,

Im using Merlin 374.43_2-08j9527 currently and updated my internet connection a few days ago.

My ISP have me on 250/20 currently and working wonders. When i connect my HTPC directly to my Hitron modem, im able to achieve 275+ Mbps/20+ Mbps. QoS is turned off, static IP's on both HTPC and Gaming PC.

However, if i plugged the router im only able to achieve this:

Both my HTPC/Gaming PC can achieve +/- 10ish on the above results.

Both my PC's have intel Gig chipset and can sustain 97+ MB/s read from each other whenever i synchronize my backup.

Is there anything im missing to max my connection?

You need NAT acceleration to get beyond that speed. Check the Tools -> Sysinfo page to determine why NAT acceleration is disabled.

Hi Merlin,

I went to double check it, and under sysinfo - HW Acceleration disabled = IPTraffic incompatible.

What do i need to check to enable this?

Last edited:
You need to disable IP Traffic and reboot the router.

If you disable monitor per ip traffic you will no longer be able to monitor individual bandwidth being used by each device on your lan. However you will be able to better utilize your connection.

Ok thank you guys.

Finally turned off IPTraffic, but i gained around 15 Mbps. Not even close to the 275 Mbps i got when the modem is connected directly to my HTPC.

This is what i got so far:

Is there anything else i should check and/or turned off?

You are testing over a wired connection, correct? (Just checking).

Is the router now indicating HW acceleration is enabled? There may be something else that needs to be disabled.

Yup. Both PC's are wired to the router with a Gig switch in between.

Check tools -> SysInfo -> HW Acceleration and it was disabled. So disabled it again, reboot, re-enable it, reboot and finally got this:

Much better than what i had previously, but closer to what i was achieving when my HTPC was connected directly at the modem.

Thank you guys for the help!

We got it working. :)

Yeah, after changing the option(s) that disabled HW acceleration, you need to go and enable it again with a reboot to see it work (as you found out).