What's new

AC68P Overclocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marcusb

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone overclocked the AC68P? I have mine currently at 1400 with the temps going between 71 and 73C. Prior to the overclocking it was between 71-72 so no real change.

Has anyone overclocked the AC68P? I have mine currently at 1400 with the temps going between 71 and 73C. Prior to the overclocking it was between 71-72 so no real change.

I tinkered with overclocking and for my use i saw no real noticeable improvements. except in east/west traffic and VPN. Both of which i rarely use.

I agree the benefit may not be obvious. I do use VPN however. I'm leaving it at 1400 since there seems to be no harm in doing so.

I'm having trouble OCing my ac68p. After set clkfreq, " nvram get clkfreq" returns "1400,800" as it should, but "cat /proc/cpuinfo" returns bogomips of 1998.84 instead of the expected 2798.38.

Also it seems nvram commit doesn't stick and it reverts to default after reboot.

Running latest Merlin beta 382.2_beta2

Read the more recent posts about overclocking. Later firmwares were changed to stop overclocking.

Oddly enough after waking up this AM the router autorebooted (set to every night). Now I am seeing 2798.38 BOGOMIPS BUT only 1000 MHZ CPU.

So using the latest beta firmaware 382.2_beta2 I seem to have a full persistent OC. I only lose it and revert to 1998.84 bogomips if I soft reboot the router. If I hard boot or allow it to auto reboot overnight it it returns 2798.38 BOGOMIPS from cat /proc/cpuinfo.

Very strange.