What's new

AC68U & PCE-AC68 = very poor wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

scajjr

Occasional Visitor
Have an AC68U. Put a PCE-AC68 PCIe adapter in wife's desktop pc which is upstairs about 25 feet from router which is in living room downstairs.

With our old NT-66U and a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 dual-band N PCIe card in her pc we always got 4-5 bars on the 2.4Ghz and 3-4 on the 5ghz. With the PCE-AC68 both bands never go above 2 bars and 234/mbps is the max speed showing (both Win 8.1 and the Asus utility show the same).
Have tried Merlin 376.47 and the 374.43-update 4 fork firmwares, same on both.

Any suggestions on improving this?

Sam

I have that same wireless card too, when I first installed it I was having those issues too. What I had to do was try to remove the old wireless card drivers and just to be safe remove the new wireless card drivers too. Reinstall the new drivers and see if that helps. Also mess around with the wireless channels on both 2.4 and 5.0 wifi signals.

Inssider 3 shows my 2.4Ghz rate at 450 but the 5Ghz at 54. 6 feet from the router it shows my 2.4 at -34 but the 5Ghz at -65. Something possibly wrong with the router itself? You would think at fairly close range the 5Ghz signal would be much stronger.

Sam

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!