What's new

AC86U No AiNode button 384.13

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BoOdOg

New Around Here
Hello

So I picked up a second AC86U and flashed it to 384.13 and once completed I noticed it didn't have the Ai Node button. Which I thought was odd. I have a my other AC86U which after a recent update I seen had the Ai Node options and is why I picked up the second.

So I confirmed both are running 384.13 and only the old AC86U has the option. I flashed the new AC86 to stock FW 3.0.0.4.384.81049 and the Ai node button showed up. So I redownloaded the 384.13 and upgraded again and the Ainode button is gone again ..

Any suggestions or input? I was connected to the router via cable and I did change the routers ip just to make it easier on myself know which router I was working with

After flashing the new router, reset to factory, and setup again

Hello

So I picked up a second AC86U and flashed it to 384.13 and once completed I noticed it didn't have the Ai Node button.

By any chance did you pick up a used or refurbished AC86? If yes that may be the root of your problem as some people have issues with AC86s, return them and then they are resold to other individuals who then inheiret the issues including not being able to load a stable firmware.

Hello

So I picked up a second AC86U and flashed it to 384.13 and once completed I noticed it didn't have the Ai Node button. Which I thought was odd. I have a my other AC86U which after a recent update I seen had the Ai Node options and is why I picked up the second.

So I confirmed both are running 384.13 and only the old AC86U has the option. I flashed the new AC86 to stock FW 3.0.0.4.384.81049 and the Ai node button showed up. So I redownloaded the 384.13 and upgraded again and the Ainode button is gone again ..

Any suggestions or input? I was connected to the router via cable and I did change the routers ip just to make it easier on myself know which router I was working with

Is the 86U broadcasting both bands? I think AiMesh insists on these resources being available.

Until recently, Asuswrt-Merlin hid AiMesh from the user (not supported). I wonder if some self-test is still invoking this action.

Next step might be to use 45717.

OE

I did the flash to latest firmware and then reset and reinstalled merlin and the option was gone, ill try it again tonight.

This is a AC86U I did pick up off someone local yes, it was still in package not open, this might be an issue

I know my first AC86U is broadcasting both bands yes

I did the flash to latest firmware and then reset and reinstalled merlin and the option was gone, ill try it again tonight.

This is a AC86U I did pick up off someone local yes, it was still in package not open, this might be an issue

I know my first AC86U is broadcasting both bands yes

When they are bad they can really be bad. One of the RMAed duds they sent me couldn't even load firmware in the recovery mode.

Hopefully you have a good one and you will be able to work through the firmware issues and get AiMesh working.

after the nuclear reset, the 5ghz light won't come on and it's not broadcasting on merlin or stock firmware. I tried renaming it, yes it's not set to only broadcast one ID. I am going to RMA it.

Thanks for your help!