What's new

AC86U - USB Share not visible in Win 10 Explorer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sl4fko

Regular Contributor
A problem, that just appeared out of nowhere...

A disk formated in EXT4 (one partition) used for SWAP and Transmission is connected to my AC86U, firmware is latest beta 384.15_beta1.

In file explorer in Win10 I can ONLY see "entware" folder, there is no "Torrent" folder (Transmission was installed using default guide here (still works, torrents can be downloaded): https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Installing-Transmission-through-Entware )

What gives? Samba is enabled and properly configured, tried SMBv1, v2, v1+2. In shares under these settings all folders are visible (Torrent also...)

It is not a Windows fault, I also can not "see" the folder on the phone file explorer (entware folder is there, same view as on computer...)

So...

Help please? :D

I've noticed this behaviour too with AC86U. I can view the Samba shares via MacOS & Android, but Windows 10 fails to see the shares. I'm on 384.14_2 stable release.

I've noticed this behaviour too with AC86U. I can view the Samba shares via MacOS & Android, but Windows 10 fails to see the shares. I'm on 384.14_2 stable release.
Are you talking about the same problem? Specifically an issue with only the "Transmission" share. It sounds more like you're talking about the "normal" Windows 10 issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!