What's new

Ac87 only showing as 40 channel width, not 80. Why?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bodean

Very Senior Member
Running 376.48_1 on my AC87R, and when I use my wifi scanner on my mac laptop, it's only showing my 5GHz as 40, not 80. Any ideas why this is?

33wkrk0.jpg

v9mhw.jpg

Last edited:
Hope those are not your real credentials on that screen shot? :)

Is your wifi scanner capable of showing AC class signals?

Try scanning without being connected to your router, just in case the laptop connects with it only at 40 MHz, and therefore ignores the router's actual capabilities.

Try scanning without being connected to your router, just in case the laptop connects with it only at 40 MHz, and therefore ignores the router's actual capabilities.

I connected to someone elses guest wifi, still just shows 40 MHz

Try using a lower channel like 151. Otherwise, try a factory default reset. I can't think of anything else that might be causing it, unless it's a bug with the wireless monitoring software you are using.

Otherwise, try a factory default reset.

Went through Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting Factory Default / reset

Same thing, both my mac air wifi (built in utility) and my Wifi Scanner app on my mac air, both show 40,not 80. Very weird.

Last edited:
Went through Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting Factory Default / reset

Same thing, both my mac air wifi (built in utility) and my Wifi Scanner app on my mac air, both show 40,not 80. Very weird.

What program is that? I shall install on my PC (Windows) to give it a try. Thanks.