What's new

AC87U FTP server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Revelstone77

Regular Contributor
I need to use the FTP server to provide a place for some ip cameras to upload to. The problem is that enabling FTP opens it up the port externally. Is there a way to block external exposure while leaving it open internally?

thanks,

I need to use the FTP server to provide a place for some ip cameras to upload to. The problem is that enabling FTP opens it up the port externally. Is there a way to block external exposure while leaving it open internally?

thanks,

There's no easy way with the stock firmware. You could switch to my firmware - I added a switch to enable/disable WAN exposure of the FTP server.

There's no easy way with the stock firmware. You could switch to my firmware - I added a switch to enable/disable WAN exposure of the FTP server.
I've never tried any of the non ASUS firmware. Any downside? Any issues on the AC87?
thanks!

The downside of using RMerlin firmware is that you'll experience better and more consistent performance and less bugs that Asus seems to routinely introduce (accidentally, I'm sure).

Oh, I guess there are no downsides to RMerlin's Asus forks. :D:D:D

I've never tried any of the non ASUS firmware. Any downside? Any issues on the AC87?
thanks!

My code is based on Asus's own code, and I try to stay as close as possible to them. That means the same webui, same list of features (plus those that I added), etc...

My code is based on Asus's own code, and I try to stay as close as possible to them. That means the same webui, same list of features (plus those that I added), etc...
sounds good to me. how do I get it? can I save the config, flash, and restore, or do I have to reconfig from scratch?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!