What's new

Ac88u with lates merlin - Drops wifi, internet, cant connect to router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cmd85

New Around Here
Hello.
So installed merlin yesterday and have had some issue forcing me to reboot the router a few times.

First my Homey lost connection and I noticed that no 2.4ghz was connected, a reboot fixed this.

The issue I had just now is that internet dropped via Wifi.
I couldnt connect to the router either via Wifi from my phone or my laptop connected directly into the router for 5 minutes.

After a while it started working again and I tried looking at the logs but I dont understand what to look for.
Can anyone help me understanding the issue I am having?

Attaching log, it dropped somewhere around 9.37 +- 1 minute, I was streaming youtube which could buffer a minute I guess.

It started working again around 9.43-44.

Edit: Couldnt upload a file but syslog is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1060-5Mi2MDosikDcSIbPnTXeZFBn_UWL/view?usp=sharing

Did you factory reset after installing Merlin?
If not, do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did since I couldnt login to it after installing it.

I did however do it that once by pressing the button, is it advised to do it inside the router also afterwards?

It’s also possible that the reset caused the issue by enabling things like Airtime Fairness. Worth looking in Wi-fi Professional settings and turning that off as a starting point. Quite a few adapters don’t like it.
Per this article sometimes beam forming causes issues too so try those options if Airtime Fairness disabled doesn’t fix it. https://www.seriouslytrivial.com/20...d-airprint-wireless-printer-problem-solution/

Failing all that try a reset via the UI as you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airtime fairness is off and the rest looks good.

The real problem is that the router went inactive and couldnt be connected using WiFi or an eth cabel.

A reset might be last resort.