What's new

Activating IPTraffic causes AC68U to crash, go into boot loop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

technick

New Around Here
I have a TM-1900 that i've reflashed the bootloader on and installed 380.63_2 on. When I attempt to enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring), the router goes down and gets stuck in a boot loop. The only way to bring the router back to life is by clearing the NVRAM (holding wps button on start).

Everything else seems to be working correctly. Has anybody else seen this problem? Any steps you can recommend to fix this?

I've created a paste of the general system log here - http://pastebin.com/y9CRk6hY

Is IPTraffic trying to load a kernel module? I don't really know how to troubleshoot this thing if it won't boot :(

Thanks for taking a look.

I have a TM-1900 that i've reflashed the bootloader on and installed 380.63_2 on. When I attempt to enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring), the router goes down and gets stuck in a boot loop. The only way to bring the router back to life is by clearing the NVRAM (holding wps button on start).

Everything else seems to be working correctly. Has anybody else seen this problem? Any steps you can recommend to fix this?

I've created a paste of the general system log here - http://pastebin.com/y9CRk6hY

Is IPTraffic trying to load a kernel module? I don't really know how to troubleshoot this thing if it won't boot :(

Thanks for taking a look.

There's a fix in the 380.65-alpha1 build that I think may help. You may want to give it a try.

There's a fix in the 380.65-alpha1 build that I think may help. You may want to give it a try.

The only change to IPTraffic I see in that change log is...

Code:
   - CHANGED: IPTraffic charts now show sorted slices, so the
              clients with the least traffic will get grouped
              under "Others" if truncating the list of shown
              clients

Is there other fixes that aren't in the change log? I went looking thru rmerl's github, didn't see a branch for 380.85.

I'm willing to test it but from the change log and the behavior of the router, I don't think IPTraffic charting is causing the errors.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!