What's new

Adguard Home On the router itself - Script Install-Fully Automated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i am not able to install with given command - it only switch to tmp ...

ssh to router use this

cd /tmp && wget -q -O /tmp/install_online --no-check-certificate "https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/JACK-TH...R@latest/script_bootloader/bin/install_online" && chmod 777 /tmp/install_online && /tmp/install_online
What you have posted will NEVER work....you have mangled/corrupted the URL:

e.g.
Code:
cd /tmp && wget  -O /tmp/install_online --no-check-certificate "https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/JACK-TH...R@latest/script_bootloader/bin/install_online"

Will not apply HSTS. The HSTS database must be a regular and non-world-writable file.
ERROR: could not open HSTS store at '/root/.wget-hsts'. HSTS will be disabled.
--2020-05-14 14:26:26--  https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/JACK-TH...R@latest/script_bootloader/bin/install_online
Resolving cdn.jsdelivr.net... 2606:4700::6810:5614, 104.16.89.20, 104.16.85.20, ...
Connecting to cdn.jsdelivr.net|2606:4700::6810:5614|:443... failed: Network is unreachable.
Connecting to cdn.jsdelivr.net|104.16.89.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request
2020-05-14 14:26:26 ERROR 400: Bad Request.
P.S. I don't want to install this, just assisting @Milan

For some reason I think it's a trap like malicious. Any way to figure out if its clean?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

What you have posted will NEVER work....you have mangled/corrupted the URL:

e.g.
Code:
cd /tmp && wget  -O /tmp/install_online --no-check-certificate "https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/JACK-TH...R@latest/script_bootloader/bin/install_online"

Will not apply HSTS. The HSTS database must be a regular and non-world-writable file.
ERROR: could not open HSTS store at '/root/.wget-hsts'. HSTS will be disabled.
--2020-05-14 14:26:26--  https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/JACK-TH...R@latest/script_bootloader/bin/install_online
Resolving cdn.jsdelivr.net... 2606:4700::6810:5614, 104.16.89.20, 104.16.85.20, ...
Connecting to cdn.jsdelivr.net|2606:4700::6810:5614|:443... failed: Network is unreachable.
Connecting to cdn.jsdelivr.net|104.16.89.20|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request
2020-05-14 14:26:26 ERROR 400: Bad Request.
P.S. I don't want to install this, just assisting @Milan

the forum auto shortened the url. you can right-click copy and paste the url part to make it work. Don't worry im not installing it either, just helping both of you out. don't blame the user when its the system that does it automatically please

the forum auto shortened the url. you can right-click copy and paste the url part to make it work. Don't worry im not installing it either, just helping both of you out. don't blame the user when its the system that does it automatically please
My point is simply, had the OP actually (re)tested the command he had originally posted in response to the feedback, then he would have identified for himself that it will never work, rather than presumptuously implying "it works for me" with the terse repost and that the OP who reported the issue is seemingly incapable of a simple copy'n'paste.

Im going to try this.

AdGuard software for MacOs does a fantastic job blocking pretty much everything. I havent seen any YouTube ads and I havent seen any Overlay Ads in YouTube videos. But its $3 and comes with 15 day free trial.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it in future versions. For now it's few extra steps in CLI.
im hoping for that since when i did it last there was a bit of conflicting instructions

I'm failing to see a good reason to use this? :)

If only unound was built into pihole.
that may be in the future as they continue development. at-least some of the developers were hinting at it becoming similar or closer to unbound functionality..

I am digging the New Unbound 1.10 with the pihole. I managed to download it from the raspbian/bullseye branch....

Edit:

I am digging the New Unbound 1.10 with the pihole. I managed to download it from the raspbian/bullseye branch....

Last edited:
I'm failing to see a good reason to use this? :)
I understand how it is easy to say this is meh for asuswrt-merlin with all the available market scripts for asuswrt-merlin,but there is also a claim this runs on stock asuswrt as well. since this has no real jffs foot print, I suppose it uses the run on Mount capability of the nvram(jffs2_exec) . @Hanston Dsouza and @Lotta Cox does every thing startup after and run as it should after reboots? how does this all work? it would be nice to understand the functionality of it. How well does it work on stock asuswrt compared to asuswrt-merlin?

I understand how it is easy to say this is meh for asuswrt-merlin with all the available market scripts for asuswrt-merlin,but there is also a claim this runs on stock asuswrt as well. since this has no real jffs foot print, I suppose it uses the run on Mount capability of the nvram(jffs2_exec) . @Hanston Dsouza and @Lotta Cox does every thing startup after and run as it should after reboots? how does this all work? it would be nice to understand the functionality of it. How well does it work on stock asuswrt compared to asuswrt-merlin?
it boot with router every time
router boot up after which i see a spike in memory usage from 21% to 36% showes the adguard and monit is active
this is what is like about this - works as intended and for now it is a worthy alternative to piehole on rasberry pie
using on latest merlin
sorry i have no idea how how works
but its is very stable

Takes a long time to install.
Finished and all status is OK.
Some sites are detecting an ad blocker like dailymail.com and won't load unless I enable uBlock Origin ad block chrome plug in.
Is there anyway to configure Adguard or add exceptions or things?
Is there any advantage to use this instead of just using the Adguard DNS?

Takes a long time to install.
Finished and all status is OK.
Some sites are detecting an ad blocker like dailymail.com and won't load unless I enable uBlock Origin ad block chrome plug in.
Is there anyway to configure Adguard or add exceptions or things?
Is there any advantage to use this instead of just using the Adguard DNS?
well the benefit of adguard home is if the client detection setup is working correctly, then you can do client based filtering of traffic, otherwise you have better control of what gets blocked Versus regular adguard DNS is just a generic adblocking dns server that you have no control over what gets blocked if you don't have additional programs such as adguardhome.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!