What's new

Adguard Home On the router itself - Script Install-Fully Automated

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sure Diversion is a good, but it still behind in few areas and has a limitation.
Diversion is limited to the routers capabilities. It does not have Server farms to process requests.
It also does not make your complete web usage available to some corporation that lives off of that data.

And I wasn't talking about the software on the first post. So why quote me than??
Yea i really should have watched the thread better. I wasn't trying to direct what i was saying at you per-say, more so just making conversation and wanting to hear your thoughts on the software?

Yea i really should have watched the thread better. I wasn't trying to direct what i was saying at you per-say, more so just making conversation and wanting to hear your thoughts on the software?

Google DNS and OpenDNS are also selling peoples data. And a whole lot of people and companies use their service. Thats the price you pay for having something for free. Data mining is the new Bitcoin.

Any time you visit a website, your data gets sold off. If you want to read news for free on CNN, your data gets sold off. You go shopping online, your data gets sold off. If you dont like it, change the internet.

Google DNS and OpenDNS are also selling peoples data. And a whole lot of people and companies use their service. Thats the price you pay for having something for free. Data mining is the new Bitcoin.

Any time you visit a website, your data gets sold off. If you want to read news for free on CNN, your data gets sold off. You go shopping online, your data gets sold off. If you dont like it, change the internet.
sad thing is that is how the internet was designed was to make every one stay more connected, but every since it was invented, people have been trying to find a way to disconnect.

Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker
Due to my most recent experiences with diversion, I am wondering how well adguard home works in general. Not that it has to be installed on the router like this topic suggest, but i am more interested in any merlin users that have tested adguard home.

Hi All..When trying to install this via the command line given here, it asks to disable AiCloud. Why would that be? Did anyone have this issue?

to "USB Application" -> "Servers Center" -> "Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk", and set "Enable Share" to OFF.
Go to "AiCloud 2.0" -> "AiCloud 2.0", and set "Cloud Disk" to OFF.

(prerequisite_checker): 5566 NOTICE: MISSING ESSENTIAL SETTINGS
(prerequisite_checker): 5566 NOTICE: MODIFY SETTINGS AS INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE, REBOOT THE ROUTER AND THEN TRY AGAIN.
(install_online): 5499 FAILURE: ONLINE-INSTALL SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER

Hi All..When trying to install this via the command line given here, it asks to disable AiCloud. Why would that be? Did anyone have this issue?

to "USB Application" -> "Servers Center" -> "Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk", and set "Enable Share" to OFF.
Go to "AiCloud 2.0" -> "AiCloud 2.0", and set "Cloud Disk" to OFF.

(prerequisite_checker): 5566 NOTICE: MISSING ESSENTIAL SETTINGS
(prerequisite_checker): 5566 NOTICE: MODIFY SETTINGS AS INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE, REBOOT THE ROUTER AND THEN TRY AGAIN.
(install_online): 5499 FAILURE: ONLINE-INSTALL SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER
Because it installs its own version of samba sharing that is not linked to ai-cloud, so to be compatible it has to disable ai-cloud to prevent the routers samba from conflicting. This installer also requires you to input your router login info as well.

Hi,
I have installed AdGuard Home and looks like it is working.
However I am not able to go to AdGuard Dashboard, could you guide?
I am trying http://ip.address:3000 to open Adguard dashboard.
Unfortunately the only support you can find for this is from the designer, i recommend asking for support on this on their github support or hope that they are following this thread to give you support here. Alot of users have chosen to avoid using this script all together in lieu of not wanting to type their router login name and password into the script during installation.

Hi,
I have installed AdGuard Home and looks like it is working.
However I am not able to go to AdGuard Dashboard, could you guide?
I am trying http://ip.address:3000 to open Adguard dashboard.
Diversion is the best asuswrt-merlin install on router adblocking solution at this time. Adguard home does a good job when installed on an RPi but when installed on the router it lacks the ability to show each clients usage. Diversion does not have these limitations because it tracks the clients traffic through the routers dnsmasq log.

Unfortunately the only support you can find for this is from the designer, i recommend asking for support on this on their github support or hope that they are following this thread to give you support here. Alot of users have chosen to avoid using this script all together in lieu of not wanting to type their router login name and password into the script during installation.
Thanks for your input.
Have uninstalled it now.

I would also consider changing your routers login credentials after uninstalling. Who knows what the software did with the information or whom they were sent to.

Hmm if I have already installed scripts using atmt that do save data to usb and run SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER to install AdGuard will it all get messed up?

Hmm if I have already installed scripts using atmt that do save data to usb and run SCRIPTS-BOOTLOADER-FOR-ASUS-ROUTER to install AdGuard will it all get messed up?
That script assumes you are doing everything from a clean setup. So there is a high probability it will crash into something if you do that. Also, I would tread with caution because that script requires you to input your user name and password into the ssh terminal which many would find to be skeptical practice security wise.

I don't really get why :) seems really just to have it same for all the things you can install, no other reason i can see easily, I agree that having user set password would be much more trustworthy, well you still can use different user and passowrd then router admin as it is stored on the usb drive

Last edited:
How can i use Adguard on ip different from router ie. router 192.168.20.1 adguard on 192.168.20.3 ?

I have re enabled upstream dns forwarding in router wan settings
/tmp/mnt/ASUS_ROUTER/script_bootloader/usr/adguardhome/etc/AdGuardHome.yaml I have changed
bind_host: 192.168.20.3
now it does not start

I think that the start script is trying to disable routers DNS settings from forwarding to upstream and some other stuff?

also with this script i get
Code:
FAILURE: COLLISION DETECTED
I guress AMTM guy does not like this one :D

Last edited:
T
How can i use Adguard on ip different from router ie. router 192.168.20.1 adguard on 192.168.20.3 ?

I have re enabled upstream dns forwarding in router wan settings
/tmp/mnt/ASUS_ROUTER/script_bootloader/usr/adguardhome/etc/AdGuardHome.yaml I have changed
bind_host: 192.168.20.3
now it does not start

I think that the start script is trying to disable routers DNS settings from forwarding to upstream and some other stuff?

also with this script i get
Code:
FAILURE: COLLISION DETECTED
I guress AMTM guy does not like this one :D
The problem is the script assumes that you are doing this on a fresh setup, it installs a customized version of entware that the author of the script tailored to fit the script. AMTM installs pure entware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!