What's new

AdguardHome timezone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zer0bitz

Regular Contributor
I was trying to install AdguardHome today, but when installing it asks for a timezone/location but it never gives me a list of them. Could someone provide full list so I can continue install?

timezone.png

I was trying to install AdguardHome today, but when installing it asks for a timezone/location but it never gives me a list of them. Could someone provide full list so I can continue install?

View attachment 50682
The error indicates that your entwares package for column is missing,or has broken, dependencies. I would recommend running

Code:
opkg update
opkg install column --force-reinstall

in another SSH session. The list of timezones is pretty lengthy, as you can tell it is over 595 different numbers.

To be honest, this is troubling because it indicates there could be other aspects about your Entware repository which are broken. The AdGuardHome installer script relies on several Entware dependencies to fully properly install AdGuardHome on your router. I truely recommend a clean install of Entware in this case, as you don't know how deep the broken Entware rabbit hole gets.

The error indicates that your entwares package for column is missing,or has broken, dependencies. I would recommend running

Code:
opkg update
opkg install column --force-reinstall

in another SSH session. The list of timezones is pretty lengthy, as you can tell it is over 595 different numbers.
Thank you. I will try this.

Edit: This did the trick. There were many Entware depencies to update.

Last edited:
To be honest, it is all around troubling because it indicates there could be other aspects about your Entware repository which are broken. The AdGuardHome installer script relies on several Entware dependencies to fully properly install AdGuardHome on your router. I truely recommend a clean install of Entware in this case, as you don't know how deep the broken Entware rabbit hole gets. If you are not scared to find out, then proceed with the install. Adguardhome install script relies on a few other packages to properly set the username and password in the install runtime. Failure to do such results in a failed install.

Edit: This did the trick. There were many Entware depencies to update.
Keep an eye on your Entware more often utilizing AMTM ep options. More and More user scripts these days are running with dependencies from entware. It is important to confirm on your end that you have kept it up-to-date before attempting to install something new. Many users have reported issues that link back to broken dependencies, or packages in need of updating. It doesn't help that entware sometimes breaks things as well during their updates.

My question is if RT-AX56U entry-level router can handle this:

Scripts: Diversion, Skynet, Scribe, Connmon, ntpMerlin, scMerlin, vnStat.

...plus AdGuard Home on top. Diversion obviously has to be removed.

You have to be careful with blocklists number and size, @zer0bitz. Slow CPU and 512MB RAM.

You have to be careful with blocklists number and size, @zer0bitz. Slow CPU and 512MB RAM.
Your welcome to try, I don't have a RT-AX56U to test it on.

My recommendations is to have a fully functional up-to-date Entware repository preferably installed on an SSD or external HD. Skip using a generic flash drive due to future performance problems or corruption.

There have been some "optimizations" that might make it more suitable to run on these lower end routers, but it will cause a lot of CPU thrashing while lists update or load into memory.

Some random reboots have occured. Diversion I had disabled since I wanted to try out AdGuard. Installation is now done, but im wondering to get Cloudflares DoT to work. I did put: "tls://1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com" into the Upstream DNS Servers but when going to 1.1.1.1/help it is saying that DoT is not working.

Your welcome to try, I don't have a RT-AX56U to test it on.

My recommendations is to have a fully functional up-to-date Entware repository preferably installed on an SSD or external HD. Skip using a generic flash drive due to future performance problems or corruption.

There have been some "optimizations" that might make it more suitable to run on these lower end routers, but it will cause a lot of CPU thrashing while lists update or load into memory.
Yep im running all scripts from SSD which has a USB adapter. Used to have a usb stick but that was complete hell to use.

Some random reboots have occured. Diversion I had disabled since I wanted to try out AdGuard. Installation is now done, but im wondering to get Cloudflares DoT to work. I did put: "tls://1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com" into the Upstream DNS Servers but when going to 1.1.1.1/help it is saying that DoT is not working.
Turn off dnssec in adguardhome, and make sure you remove any other dns servers from the upstream list that look like 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 9.9.9.9 as these are plaintxt (leave reverse lookup and local options alone).

Turn off dnssec in adguardhome, and make sure you remove any other dns servers from the upstream list that look like 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 9.9.9.9 as these are plaintxt (leave reverse lookup and local options alone).
Is this the correct setting?

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 18-46-22 AdGuard Home.png

and make sure you remove any other dns servers from the upstream list that look like 1.1.1.1 8.8.8.8 9.9.9.9 as these are plaintxt
Ok. Got them deleted and this is how my upstream dns are now. Are these correct? Anything else I can remove?

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 18-46-56 AdGuard Home.png

Apparently it worked right away.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 18-49-00 1.1.1.1 — the Internet’s Fastest Privacy-First DNS Resolver.png

Yes, this 1.1.1.1/help is basic. Only detects Cloudflare servers and with no DNSSEC. You can see what's used in Query Log:

1685894563366.png

Click on the ? circle for information. You'll see :853 for DoT.

My AdGuard Home installation is on another device using Unbound as resolver. This is where 127.0.0.1:5335 is coming from.

Yes, this 1.1.1.1/help is basic. Only detects Cloudflare servers and with no DNSSEC. You can see what's used in Query Log:

View attachment 50688

Click on the ? circle for information. You'll see :853 for DoT.

My AdGuard Home installation is on another device using Unbound as resolver. This is where 127.0.0.1:5335 is coming from.
Thank you for the advice. It is correctly working.

2.png

One thing I also found out after installing Adguard that my SMB shares arent working anymore when im connected to my Wireguard server. Is there some setting to change in Adguard to make it work?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!