1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AiMesh Node Client Listed In Repeater Mode

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by fairmarketvalue, Oct 9, 2018.

1. fairmarketvalue

fairmarketvalue New Around Here

My network:

AiMesh Main Router: Asus RT-AC3100
    1 AiMesh Node: Asus RT-AC-1900P (IP Address-192.168.1.170)
    Current Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.384_32799-gfe72567 (main router & node)
    The RT-AC3100 operates in "Wireless Router Mode/AiMesh Router Mode (Default)"

There are two client devices that show up on the AiMesh node. If you click on the icons for each of these client devices in the Client Status list, each is listed as "DHCP", but one of them also shows a "Repeater mode" notation. This is the only client device (out of 11) on my network that shows it is in Repeater mode. Capture.PNG

Is this a required default setting for the AiMesh node? If not, how can I reset the main router and/or the node to delete Repeater mode from the client device?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!