What's new

[Alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Alpha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks =)

Found the proper command if anyone needs it.
"ethctl eth0 ethernet@wirespeed enable " solved my connection problem and i can finally remove my second router. (issue also present in Asus original FW)
You can also use:
ethctl <interface> media-type [option]
[option]: auto - auto select
2500FD - 2500Mb, Full Duplex
1000FD - 1000Mb, Full Duplex
1000HD - 1000Mb, Half Duplex
100FD - 100Mb, Full Duplex
100HD - 100Mb, Half Duplex
10FD - 10Mb, Full Duplex
10HD - 10Mb, Half Duplex

Last edited:
Port Forwarding for the VPN isn't showing up. Memory is staying at 94% usage. I also noticed that dates and times skip around in the log.

Last edited:
I also noticed that dates and times skip around in the log.

It's a timezone issue. The change from uclibc to glibc means quite a few changes relative to environment. Asus is apparently still sorting things out, as they just added zoneinfo data with the last release.

RMerlin
How about Trend Micro stuff on alpha builds(QOS, Security)? Are they still buggy? Would you recommended enabling them?

382_16644 contained the new version of the Trend Micro engine, which should generally be more stable. Beyond that I can't comment, as I don't use the RT-AC86U on my network.

Is the WiFi-Rader stuff supposed to work? Always shows 0% channel capacity and the site survey stuff always just shows my router and nothing else.

Is the WiFi-Rader stuff supposed to work? Always shows 0% channel capacity and the site survey stuff always just shows my router and nothing else.

You have to enable Data Collection on the Configuration tab, then wait a minute or two.

Yeah that got the graphs working, thanks. Just got the AC86U today and put Merlin straight on, seems to be working fine so far.

I know you said it was closed source now but network map doesn't seem to work very well to see the manufacturer of the device, when you hover over the icon it just says loading manufacturer and never actually does.

I know you said it was closed source now but network map doesn't seem to work very well to see the manufacturer of the device, when you hover over the icon it just says loading manufacturer and never actually does.

No longer under my control.

Best to report it to Asus support!

Which email/site do I use for that?
http://router.asus.com/Advanced_Feedback.asp

s.1507147395.jpg

I didn’t report it via the router page but via the support link on the website, I just got a generic copy and paste regarding resetting and flashing the router.

Any idea how to do a proper bug report?

New test build uploaded. As the remaining OpenVPN issues should be resolved, I upgraded it to 2.4.4.

Code:
bbf3994 openvpn: update to 2.4.4
14a9a9a dhd: add prebuilt dhd tool for SDK7114
4c67600 bwdpi: fix prebuilt folder names for HND
b233a4a build: add gitignore so user-created toolchain symlinks won't get staged
460f0a5 wlceventd: make prebuild sdk-specific rather than arch-specific
88a710b iptables: added ipt_account userspace lib for non-HND
05ec0a8 rc: fixed a few corner cases were stealth mode wouldn't be respected
fc7f4c9 et: add missing et userspace tool on SDK7114
099b95b Merge branch 'sdk7'
4269f4d nfs: NFS fixes:
9d4aacf rc: only use MASQUERADE --mode on HND platform
984ca96 sdk7114: implement kludges for using SDK7114 binary blobs from 382_15850 with GPL 382_16466
bcde9eb Merge AM380.68_4 SDK7114; merge RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100 binary blobs from GPL 382_15850
68aec78 dnsmasq: update to 2.78
a7bc772 webui: don't override rtkswitch port status with stale data, so we can use the updated values obtained through ajax
0f1d22b webui: fix incorrect access to qos_sched value when enabling QoS
d86e483 webui: add leading zero to DHCP lease values, for better layout and also fix sorting by remaining time
52ef767 rstats: add missing parameter to _dprintf() call that might otherwise cause it to segfault
94cbfa6 openvpn: make helper scripts more robust to search path collisions
1d8d271 build: removing memaccess, hoping nothing needs it.
2b40e6e webui: replace atob()/btoa() functions with replacements that can handle UTF8

As the remaining OpenVPN issues should be resolved, I upgraded it to 2.4.4.
Did you run into breakage in the ASUS openvpn mods (setting nvram error state) as a result of the changes in openvpn route.c? (They removed a variable declaration that's required for a function call to get data to set the state)

Last edited:
Did you run into breakage in the ASUS openvpn mods (setting nvram error state) as a result of the changes in openvpn route.c? (They removed a variable declaration that's required for a function call to get data to set the state)

No, it compiled fine here without any change.

No, it compiled fine here without any change.
Took a look at your repositories....you didn't carry the '--enable-iproute2' compile flag on the 382 code. You'll see it when you add 2.4.4 to the 380 code which has that flag. It's a pretty easy fix for the ASUS added code.

Upgraded to the new test build. OpenVPN is working excellent. There are no DNS leaks. All of the clients, except the connected client, are showing up in the Client List with Asusnat tunnel disabled. All of the Forwarded Ports are showing. Memory usage is at 75-77%. Wi-Fi Radar isn't working, but I think it's due to Wireless MAC Filtering.

Was going to use my old 68P as a repeater, but the 86U's signal reaches out much farther. My farthest computer, 38ft (11.5824m) and through 4 walls away, now has full signal at 5GHz.

When using Wireless | General | 5GHz | Protected Management Frames: Capable, the signal speed drops to a max of 54Mbps with a bandwidth of 20MHz while only using 802.11a and the control channel. I noticed my TV buffering from a stream, turned on Acrylic Wi-Fi and that's what it reported. When I disabled Protected Management Frames, it went back to 1733.4Mbps with a bandwidth of 80MHz while using 802.11a,n, & ac and all 4 channels. The Guest Networks are not affected.

Thank you @RMerlin for all of your great work! I appreciate it very much so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!