What's new

[Alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.1 Alpha

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Got it. Cannot find independent reviews except one that appears to be a machine translation from a press release.

It appears this is a first gen.

Having being burnt in the past I may await the 2nd gen.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-project-update.41065/

The RT-AC86U is not a lower-end model. Its USB and VPN performance will blow an RT-AC87U out of the water. The fact that it's 3x3 instead of 4x4 will make no difference for 90% of users out there who don't have a 4x4 client anyway.

@AndreiV if you know what I mean, I address this as wishlist to @RMerlin

Yes and you are wasting Merlin's time posting in this thread.

Asus haven't developed any 382 firmware for any other model ,so Merlin can do nothing until they do.

He clearly states that when the firmware is available for other models he can start work on them.

Asus haven't developed any 382 firmware for any other model ,so Merlin can do nothing until they do.

He clearly states that when the firmware is available for other models he can start work on them.
I think you missed the pinned thread. thanks anyway. people just be keyboard warriors just to gain their posts of expertise. it's all yours.

Last edited:

they have for most of the arm models by the gpls are not stable or avaliable. Read the ai mesh beta thread is asus wrt section of the forums all the ai mesh beta f/w is on the 382 code base, it would be more advisable to direct him there to post his request.

Last edited:
I think you missed the pinned thread. thanks anyway. people just be keyboard warriors just to gain their posts of expertise. it's all yours.
he also missed the ai mesh beta thread its all down to gpl avliablity, merlin has stated countless times that if theres no gpl for it he cant work with it. Aslo not every one is a keyboard warrior keep in mind some of us get tired of people asking previously answered questions, because some people dont want to read.

for rt-ac68u please
you need to post that request in the asus wrt section of the forum they make the gpl or source code that merlin uses with out it he cant work with the unit you might want to send your request to @WillsonDeng since hes regional manger for asus networking devices i belive, and he did post the ai mesh beta firmware.

@Merlin

Here's my attached logs on boot up, just thought I'd share so you could double check to see if anythings running ok

http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/ZBBKRdBx/file.html

Do you have any particular symptoms?

The syslog is very noisy, so I don't pay attention to it unless trying to track down a specific issue. It contains a lot of errors/warnings that are actually normal. For instance, Asus was blindly running modprobe calls on a bunch of modules despite the fact that some of them are compiled in the kernel rather than as external modules, causing a bunch of modprobe errors being logged - doesn't mean the router isn't working correctly.

Syslog should be used to diagnose problems, rather than for finding out problems.

Last edited:
Do you have any particular symptoms?

The syslog is very noisy, so I don't pay attention to it unless trying to track down a specific issue. It contains a lot of errors/warnings that are actually normal. For instance, Asus was blindly running modprobe calls on a bunch of modules despite the fact that some of them are compiled in the kernel rather than as external modules, causing a bunch of modprobe errors being logged - doesn't mean the router isn't working correctly.

Syslog should be used to diagnose problems, rather than for finding out problems.

so far I haven't noticed anything odd

Is there a way to make an option to turn a VPN Client back on again on an authentication failure? When my VPN Client's connection times out from inactivity, it then proceeds to fail authentication trying to reconnect. Or maybe have the client turn off and back on again on an inactivity timeout. I can't keep something connected through the client 24/7 and don't like having to log in and restart the client when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.