What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
for real? 380.66_alpha1 was not built for the RT-AC68U?

Alpha builds are not releases. They are test builds that I compile whenever I feel like it. Can have 3 builds with the same version, and none of numerous other versions.

Only issue I've had so far is Chrome locks up when I hit the Logout button. Edge does not. I have no apps/extensions loaded in Chrome either. It locks up when I think the Popup is supposed to show confirming my desire to log out?

Only issue I've had so far is Chrome locks up when I hit the Logout button. Edge does not. I have no apps/extensions loaded in Chrome either. It locks up when I think the Popup is supposed to show confirming my desire to log out?

No such issue here , tested on 2x laptop and my desktop PC.

Happens every time for me. Go in, change a setting, like turning WPS off, hit "Apply", then "Log out", Chrome locked up. Have to go into router with Edge from same laptop to logout otherwise any other client thinks I'm still connective via the locked up Chrome client.

Windows 10 and latest Chrome.

After 18 hours, the wifi HP OfficeJet printer was disconnected from network, after few minutes printer has reconnected.

Spoke too soon. This morning I lost all my wireless printers. They appear and disappear in the network map. (RT5300)

I tried this version. First thing I noticed, traditional QoS broken with IPv6 for the Nth time. Sorry ASUS but in my country IPv6 is widely deployed from the 2 largest ISPs, incomplete support is unacceptable. The game I play for the past year (Elite: Dangerous) is also getting IPv6 support in the upcoming expansion, the world is moving on.

TL;DR I'm skipping this release.

TL;DR This is an alpha preview version, not a release.
I know that. As I also know ASUS has screwed this up before. Even in release versions. Adaptive QoS is what they promote, understandably as these are consumer grade products. But Adaptive QoS has one major weakness, it's a black box.

I would like to report the following:
When I flashed my RT-AC68U to 380.66 my wired HP Printer became unavailable for some clients. When I disabled airtime fairness the printer became available for the clients that had lost the printer but my two thermostats which are G clients would no longer hook up to router when airtime fairness was disabled.

I have flashed back to 380.65

My rt-ac5300 working great with alpha2. This includes both of my network (wireless) printers.
what type of wireless printers do you have. Some versions have trouble with the scanning funcitonality on wireless MFC's if they are brother our HP.

traditional QoS broken with IPv6 for the Nth time.

Traditional QoS has been broken for pretty much everyone for nearly a year now, that's not unique to IPv6.

Traditional QoS has been broken for pretty much everyone for nearly a year now, that's not unique to IPv6.
It is working fine on my RT-AC56U on the 360.65 release. On this alpha the necessary iptable chains are missing though.

RT68u observation:

Possible NTP issue.
Page http://192.168.1.1/Main_LogStatus_Content.asp show this date at System Time: Sat, Aug 01 02:04:sec 2015

Same page, but in log area: Correct date & time shown (Mar 10 23:44:sec)

On page http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_System_Content.asp the NTP entry mentions: * Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server.

NTP server is set to: time.nist.gov

Running manual NTP through commandline:

/usr/tmp/etc$ ntpclient -h time.nist.gov -i 3 -l -s -d
Configuration:
-c probe_count 1
-d (debug) 1
-h hostname time.nist.gov
-i interval 3
-l live 1
-p local_port 0
-s set_clock 1
setup_receive:: bind...
setup_transmit:: connect...

Listening...
Sending ...
send packet OK!
Recvfrom pack_len= 48, incoming= 1500
call udp_handle
UDP_handle: 48
packet of length 48 received
Source: INET Port 123 host 129.6.15.28
[ntpclient] set time to 1489186481.922220
LI=0 VN=3 Mode=4 Stratum=1 Poll=4 Precision=-29
Delay=0.0 Dispersion=0.0 Refid=65.67.84.83
Reference 3698175221.2268328398
Originate 3698175281.3131490712
Receive 3698175281.3960795823
Transmit 3698175281.3960837819
Our recv 3698175281.3907312127
Total elapsed: 180635.00
Server stall: 9.78
Slop: 180625.22
Skew: 102775.03
Frequency: 0
day second elapsed stall skew dispersion freq
57822 82481.909 180635.0 9.8 102775.0 0.0 0

Second observation:
UPnP Media renderer TV (Sony Bravia) greyed out/not accessible in Windows.

Rebooted router yesterday to renew dynamic ip.
Then was running my usual test this morning and noticed it was ignoring the bandwidth limits.
Deleted them and reset them and its good to go.

New observation:

System uptime remains at 0 days 0 hours 1 minute. It will only move towards 5 minutes and reset to 1 minute again. After 12 hours uptime after a reboot.

Anyone have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.