What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a minor GUI issue to report. I have long SSID's for my Wi-Fi. As a result the SSID list at the top of the page takes up 2 lines. As a result the second line listing my second 5G network gets overwritten by the tabs of the main page. See below.
380.65_2 fixed this issue on my RT-AC5300. Thanks Eric !

Getting build error's with the alpha
tried a make clean no luck

Code:
make[7]: *** No rule to make target `../../include/openssl/rc4.h', needed by `eng_openssl.o'.  Stop.
make[7]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl/crypto/engine'
make[6]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl/crypto'
make[5]: *** [build_crypto] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/openssl'
make[4]: *** [openssl] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
make[3]: *** [obj_prelibs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src'
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/shonk/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-7.14.114.x/src'
make: *** [rt-ac88u] Error 2

real    1m2.307s
user    1m15.259s
sys    0m22.038s

Nothing has changed compared to before (no change configuration), but now "printer wifi" seems stable and Airtime Fairness is Enable.
Mystery of faith!
printer wifi.jpg

running fine here.no xtras just a router. and connections seem to last longer no drops.
thanks

Nothing has changed compared to before (no change configuration), but now "printer wifi" seems stable and Airtime Fairness is Enable.
Mystery of faith!
View attachment 8739

What wireless printers are you using. Do any of them have scan functionality. When last I made a run at this, I lost both wireless scanning and sonos. I'd be interested if anyone knows if these have cleared up.

What wireless printers are you using. Do any of them have scan functionality. When last I made a run at this, I lost both wireless scanning and sonos. I'd be interested if anyone knows if these have cleared up.

Did you try disabling airtime fairness on both bands? That cleared up my airprint issue. I read somewhere else that Sonos suggests the same fix.

Hi, will this support BRT-AC828? I have with me the BRT-AC828, compliment from Asus since its probably the first Asus model to actually put the title as Wireless-AC2600 Duan WAN VPN WiFi Router but practically running an older OpenVPN 2.3.2. This model is running Qualcomm IPQ8065 1.7Ghz CPU, which makes this the fastest CPU for Asus routers. But as everyone know, Asus has great hardware but you cannot use any of the latest VPN features with its stock firmware.

Is there any Merlin versions support Qualcomm, I most probably lose the Dual WAN support using Merlin but I can always restore the stock if needed.

Thank you

Did you try disabling airtime fairness on both bands? That cleared up my airprint issue. I read somewhere else that Sonos suggests the same fix.
I was thinking of it, but does not disabling airtime fairness degrade peformance if one has a mixed environment?

I only use wifi for phones and such really everything else in the house is wired
anyway the other day i connected my xbox one wireless on the 5ghz band
to play overwatch (its usually wired) and was getting 2 seconds running on the spot all the time
every 2mins or so switched it to 2.4ghz after the game still doing it

turned off airtime fairness next game on both bands hasnt done it since
the only other devices connected in the house where two
Galaxy Note 4's both idle one on 2.4ghz band one on 5ghz

why would airtime faireness cause such lag on an idle network

Last edited:
Was waiting for Eric to reply personally, but hey this is a new version so not the same topic and now that Eric has replied, guess this model is pretty much useless to vpn users.
This was not the thread for asking that question, again. This thread is for issues arising from the 66 alpha firmware. Eric would have announced his intent to support that model if he intended to do so. Also, why are you interested in beta testing Merlin's firmware. I am sure that Asus wants you to use the stock firmware for testing seeing as they sent you a complimentary unit.

I only use wifi for phones and such really everything else in the house is wired
anyway the other day i connected my xbox one wireless on the 5ghz band
to play overwatch (its usually wired) and was getting 2 seconds running on the spot's all the time
every 2mins or so switched it to 2.4ghz after the game still doing it

turned off airtime fairness next game on both bands hasnt done it since
the only other devices connected in the house where two
Galaxy Note 4's both idle one on 2.4ghz band one on 5ghz

That is difficult answer. This link should help you understand what airtime fairness is and how it could affect your individual network clients and under what circumstances.

https://routerguide.net/airtime-fairness-on-or-off/

Wifi is a complex technology, where timings can be critical. Doesn't take much to create compatibility issues with other devices. MU-MIMO, Airtime Fairness, Beamforming - those are all extensions that haven't been fully tested by everyone involved (i.e. both the router AND the client manufacturers).

Status
Not open for further replies.