What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im surpised you never did a forum serch about it, merlin is not willing to support the unit due to various reasons mainly due to closed source components, and a lack of gpls relased on a reasonable schhedule, aslo the popularity of the unit due to the high costs he belives there are not enough users to justify the support as in not enough people have one to make supporting it worth while.
btw if u read the comment you can see I just found out I have a GT. I did make the search and found a version for ac5300. just didnt know the one I have was GT not RT. anyways thanks for the coments didnt help much but a least you took the time to type.

btw if u read the comment you can see I just found out I have a GT. I did make the search and found a version for ac5300. just didnt know the one I have was GT not RT. anyways thanks for the coments didnt help much but a least you took the time to type.
the router model is on the box in large print, I fail to understand how you couldn't see it and I have eye problems blurred vison with out glasses, I don't mean to patronize or insult you, but there a a lot of people asking for support for the unit, ive been one of them who is still waiting for a miracle to happen and merlin to change his mind, but merlin stated his reasons why he won support it, and I respect that I understand I cant change his mind even with a poll asking if people would but the unit if merlin supported it which failed miserably.
I feel your pain completely but as much as I want for merlin support to be a thing, it for the foreseeable future is just not going to happen sadly.

Also as much as I want one even if I have to forgo merlin support, $700 is way out of my budget at the moment, I live in Australia BTW.

I uploaded new builds these past few days.
380:
Code:
f4da758 samba35: fix incomplete 300792d3ab171669978b8f44f8df8c57f698e269 merge
ffb1308 Updated documentation
a57deab webui: replace remaining is_string() calls (which no longer exists) with validator.isString() method
dc23968 webui: accept ":" as valid character for validator.safeName()
f785f26 webui: make 'sign in' a button instead of <div> (fixes #1488)
09e22f2 samba35: Chain code can return uninitialized memory when talloc buffer is grown. (fixes CVE-2017-15275)
300792d samba35: Prevent client short SMB1 write from writing server memory to file. (CVE-2017-12163)
af91fd1 samba35: only fallback to anonymous if authentication was not requested (CVE-2017-12150)
50c8dd3 samba36: only fallback to anonymous if authentication was not requested (CVE-2017-12150)
97e9269 samba36: Prevent client short SMB1 write from writing server memory to file. (CVE-2017-12163)
749c5dd samba36: Chain code can return uninitialized memory when talloc buffer is grown. (fixes CVE-2017-15275)
1231157 webui: update OUI database

Hi, I'm a lomg time user but just created an account to report.
Currently running 380.69_alpha1-gf4da758 in my RT-AC68P

Just wanted to report that this firmware has been the best so far for me.

Thanks a lot.

Fresh test builds were uploaded for the RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100. As usual, these are work-in-progress, things are not fully developed/tested yet.

Fresh test builds were uploaded for the RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100. As usual, these are work-in-progress, things are not fully developed/tested yet.

Thanks.

Will you be releasing a new test build for the RT-AC86U also?

Wouldn't mind testing all the fixes/changes 18991 SDK update brought.

Will you be releasing a new test build for the RT-AC86U also?

The RT-AC86U 382_18219 binary blobs are not compatible with GPL 382_18991, so 382.2 will not support the RT-AC86U, unless Asus releases a new compatible version within that development cycle.

The RT-AC86U 382_18219 binary blobs are not compatible with GPL 382_18991, so 382.2 will not support the RT-AC86U, unless Asus releases a new compatible version within that development cycle.

Learnt something new, thanks.

Flashed my router to 382.2_alpha1-g70ed537; all seems working fine also better than 382.1 for example; my read/write speed 30-35MB/s it was 8-10 with 382.1 :)

Thanks for new test builds. IPSec VPN seems to work perfectly. Alexa skill seems not enabled for Canada and shows geographic restrictions. IFTTT also not registering for some reason. IFTTT and Alexa are probably going to need fix from Asus. Great to see at least VPN is working as it should.

380.69 alpha working well for me on N66U. I hope, Merlin, that you can continue to do your magic on this model for a good while longer since it's always been solid and I get a good signal even upstairs. My internet's not fast enough to need a new one yet.

After using build RT-AC3100_382.2_alpha1-g70ed537 for couple of hours my internet connection stops working. Intially it shows DHCP of ISP not functioning message followed by internet disconnected message. I did not reset to default after updating from 382.2 build. Rebooted router couple of times and it fixes the internet connection for a bit before internet access goes down again. Reverted back to 382.2 build and issue is fixed. Anyone else have this problem with the new alpha build?

I have the same problem with all 382 versions.

And now, every 10 minutes, this event:
Code:
odhcp6c: Server returned IA_PD status 3 (Who are you? Do I know you?)
(previously only after restarting the router)

Last edited:
After using build RT-AC3100_382.2_alpha1-g70ed537 for couple of hours my internet connection stops working. Intially it shows DHCP of ISP not functioning message followed by internet disconnected message. I did not reset to default after updating from 382.2 build. Rebooted router couple of times and it fixes the internet connection for a bit before internet access goes down again. Reverted back to 382.2 build and issue is fixed. Anyone else have this problem with the new alpha build?

I had the same and I've turned off internet connection then turned on and it's OK. It happened only once

I'm glad to see the syslog spam is finally gone with this latest test build for the AC88u.

No I don't have that issue I'm on ipoe, dhcp from the ISP. Are you running optic fiber or a modem in bridge mode?

No I don't have that issue I'm on ipoe, dhcp from the ISP. Are you running optic fiber or a modem in bridge mode?
Running modem in bridge mode. I think issue is dhcp renew related with my isp Rogers. Even after reverting to 382.2 same issue until I factory reset and set it up again.

Asus have released 3.0.0.4.382.18848 for the 86U, hopefully we get the GPL soon.

They sent me the new GPL this night. I haven't checked yet to see if it was complete. Based on the build number, there's a very good chance it would be compatible with the 382_18991 GPL code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!