What's new

[Alpha] Pre-release test builds available (both 380 and 382 branches)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Merlin, I tried this latest test build, but the limit of the client name/icon seems still valid. Do your latest commit has nothing to do with this limit?

Hi Merlin, I tried this latest test build, but the limit of the client name/icon seems still valid. Do your latest commit has nothing to do with this limit?

No, the change was only for the DHCP static list.

The networkmap list is tied to a closed source binary, so I cannot split it.

Which file is the most recent? I have ac3100.

Which file is the most recent? I have ac3100.
RT-AC3100_382.1_1-gc8fdf58.zip On the right, there are viewing and sorting options. :)

I own a 86U. I immediately installed Merlin's builds (beta/alpha/release). After a 1 or 2 days I would loose wifi 5G. I disabled wifi recommended wifi option in the professionnal tab without success. I finally installed a week ago the latest official asus ac86u firmware 18219. My router has been working great (no wifi drop) for 7 days! Are the wifi drivers better on the latest official release ? Is it pure random ? I miss the Merlin feature.

I own a 86U. I immediately installed Merlin's builds (beta/alpha/release). After a 1 or 2 days I would loose wifi 5G. I disabled wifi recommended wifi option in the professionnal tab without success. I finally installed a week ago the latest official asus ac86u firmware 18219. My router has been working great (no wifi drop) for 7 days! Are the wifi drivers better on the latest official release ? Is it pure random ? I miss the Merlin feature.

It's random. I would try reinstalling the alpha again in this order: Reboot, flash alpha, and restore to factory defaults. This way you know everything's starting fresh. You could also try disabling in Wireless | Professional | Airtime Fairness, Multi-User MIMO, Explicit Beamforming, and Universal Beamforming.

It's random. I would try reinstalling the alpha again in this order: Reboot, flash alpha, and restore to factory defaults. This way you know everything's starting fresh. You could also try disabling in Wireless | Professional | Airtime Fairness, Multi-User MIMO, Explicit Beamforming, and Universal Beamforming.

This is the update procedure i do except that I did a factory reset before and after firmware update. Probably overkill. I'll will give merlin's builds another try right way. Thanks.

My USB drive shows the size of my attached HDD and it's name under Network Map. My HDD shows no size or name. The drives function normally and load fine.

AiProtection | Parental Controls | Time Scheduling doesn't restrict the network to the IPs listed when scheduled.

Last edited:
So far new test build working real well for me.

Hi when is the 382 version for the ac5300 coming out? I am in stock 382 and it doesnt let me flash merlin 380.

fw: 3.0.0.4.382_15984-gf481f58

I get this message.

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name GT-AC5300 and version of firmware from support site and try again.

ok I think I founfd the problem. I have a GT not a RT. is GT version going to be released any time soon?

Version 3.0.0.4.382.112422017/05/02962.05 MBytes
GPL of ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 for firmware 3.0.0.4.382.11242

Last edited:
From what I heard no. The processor architecture is not supported by @RMerlin. Or will it ever be. Sorry.

ok I think I founfd the problem. I have a GT not a RT. is GT version going to be released any time soon?

Version 3.0.0.4.382.112422017/05/02962.05 MBytes
GPL of ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 for firmware 3.0.0.4.382.11242
im surpised you never did a forum serch about it, merlin is not willing to support the unit due to various reasons mainly due to closed source components, and a lack of gpls relased on a reasonable schhedule, aslo the popularity of the unit due to the high costs he belives there are not enough users to justify the support as in not enough people have one to make supporting it worth while.

well that suk. the only reason I buy asus's router is 'cause of merlin. If I knew before hand I would not buy it. Lesson learned.
nothing wrong with the router, read first before buying or just ask some one here.

now, since I am stuck with this. Is there a way to set ipvanish with this router? fusion will be awesome. I tried to add my opvpn and ca but it keep loading and doesnt say connected. if there is, plz share link so I dont spam here. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!