What's new

amtm amtm 4.5 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, April 21, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah, I did see the option to re-use the previous Entware installation, but was REALLY trying to do what I could at that point to avoid any router reboots (the whole family was back and reliant on the network by that time, including various IPTV streams running, etc...).
The reboot is necessary to allow Entware to start all services. There‘s a way to do that without rebooting but I chose the safe way.

@ika, I don't believe these are SSDs.
Might be a little off topic in this thread, so sorry about that.

When it comes to routers, they do deliver about the same performance. Indeed they are more expensive than an ssd+ a usb enclosure, but still cheaper than (the better performer) SanDisk Extreme PRO, and easier to deploy and handle for people who are not that tech savy.

I generally do not like and do not trust silicon power products, but I had luck deploying these. I bought one out of curiosity and later there was a sale for 19.90 euros last year, so I bought 20 pieces, deployed 12 and none failed so far. No regrets.

There are reviews on the web, they tend to somewhat agree (one example below)

Conclusive Thoughts

While the Marvel Xtreme M80 may look like the run-of-the-mill USB Flash Drive, it really packs a punch by succeeding to deliver fast read/write transfer speeds but also coming in large capacities (250GB, 500GB, 1TB), so we may consider it a veritable portable SSD!

The SanDisk Extreme Pro is not worth buying if you value the data you're putting on it.

The SanDisk Extreme Pro is not worth buying if you value the data you're putting on it.

These are a good price. I don't own one but I have never had an ADATA product fail.

I don't see the value there.

A green enclosure with a Samsung 970 or 980 Pro is superior.

I don't see the value there.

A green enclosure with a Samsung 970 or 980 Pro is superior.

Those are much more money plus a $30ish case puts you at $100 or more.

What info are we talking about storing? (looking at your signature, are you missing any? :))
If just for a few scripts in a non commercial setting then I think it's overkill, sort of like a Ferrari in a school zone going 20mph.

Let‘s not continue the usb stick/ssd/hdd debate in this thread. Its been discussed ad nauseum in multiple threads.
Just my two cents: Don’t be a cheapo if you have expectations.
That‘ll be all. Thanks

Last edited:
amtm/script use.

When reliability and dependability are the main goals, a few dollars more for infinitely more reliability is worth it.

And, I don't see the 'much more money' part either.

Edit: well said @thelonelycoder, that is what I was trying to convey too.

I added bin.entware.net to my whitelist to make sure it can use the primary server :)
If you run the current version of amtm or any version of Diversion, this is done automatically. No need to do that manually.

I have this covered 100% - for all domains that Diversion and amtm scripts use. Diversion also adds every domain that one uses as hosts file provider or the hosted whitelist or blacklist to it.

In Diversion this has been the norm for years. Nobody notice?
And just to repeat it one more time: All three, amtm, Diversion and Skynet write these domains to /jffs/addons/shared-whitelists/ into their own specifically named file which both Skynet and Diversion auto-include. The format is as follows: shared-<scriptname>-whitelist for Diversion, it is shared-Diversion-whitelist

I am not aware that any other script coder ever started to include these whitelists. @Adamm and I decided to be smart and share this for all to use - a looong time ago.

Last edited:
If you run the current version of amtm or any version of Diversion, this is done automatically. No need to do that manually.

I have this covered 100% - for all domains that Diversion and amtm scripts use. Diversion also adds every domain that one uses as hosts file provider or the hosted whitelist or blacklist to it.

In Diversion this has been the norm for years. Nobody notice?
And just to repeat it one more time: All three, amtm, Diversion and Skynet write these domains to /jffs/addons/shared-whitelists/ into their own specifically named file which both Skynet and Diversion auto-include. The format is as follows: shared-<scriptname>-whitelist for Diversion, it is shared-Diversion-whitelist

I am not aware that any other script coder ever started to include these whitelists. @Adamm and I decided to be smart and share this for all to use - a looong time ago.
Well, you might want to recheck it because when I updated to the latest beta I updated to latest amtm. And I made it do a check for the latest updates and it showed the main one as not available and using the backup location. I added the main to skynet (I do not use Diversion because I do not understand why I would have that installed when I already have a built-in program on the router) and then I did not see any notice of it using the backup. Just some FYI...I block almost all countries except a handful and then whitelist websites as needed for my devices.

Well, you might want to recheck it because when I updated to the latest beta I updated to latest amtm. And I made it do a check for the latest updates and it showed the main one as not available and using the backup location. I added the main to skynet (I do not use Diversion because I do not understand why I would have that installed when I already have a built-in program on the router) and then I did not see any notice of it using the backup. Just some FYI...I block almost all countries except a handful and then whitelist websites as needed for my devices.
I don‘t have to recheck. You can do that yourself. I‘m certain you‘ll find the file exactly where it belongs.
Question is, did Skynet pick it up jet?
And I have no clue what your backup talk is about.

I don‘t have to recheck. You can do that yourself. I‘m certain you‘ll find the file exactly where it belongs.
Question is, did Skynet pick it up jet?
And I have no clue what your backup talk is about.
You know...I'm a nice person and in no way was I attacking you but explaining what I experienced. The tone of your response was rude and uncalled for. I don't know where you are located and if this is a language barrier but at no time was that tone required. And the "backup" one is the secondary location where it will pull (mirror) location. Geez already!! Take the tone down a level...no one is attacking you!!

You know...I'm a nice person and in no way was I attacking you but explaining what I experienced. The tone of your response was rude and uncalled for. I don't know where you are located and if this is a language barrier but at no time was that tone required. And the "backup" one is the secondary location where it will pull (mirror) location. Geez already!! Take the tone down a level...no one is attacking you!!
Yup, I‘m a nice person too. I‘m a Swiss citizen, to be specific, from the swiss-german speaking part.
But nationality does not matter when one is overworked and grumpy after a long day at work.
I should have kept my mouth shut and not hit the keyboard. But I did - even nice people are not always nice.

I‘ll get back to you about your specific query soon.

I cant update amtm ...and the router has gone really slow...I need to update to fix this. Is there a another way? then using uu in gui?
Tried uu but still no update---I tried ep aswell nothing happened or updated that i could see.

Have you tried rebooting the router, waiting ~10 minutes for it to settle, then try updating it again?

Or... your USB drive could be dying...

I cant update amtm ...and the router has gone really slow...I need to update to fix this. Is there a another way? then using uu in gui?
Tried uu but still no update---I tried ep aswell nothing happened or updated that i could see.
Which indicates that you have a network problem. diversion.ch is alive and serving.

I've been out of town for a week and was panicked to find my entware installation was gone, presumably since I had enabled the amtm update right before I left. Something told me others had probably experienced the same thing and there was probably an easy fix. Sure enough, I was right, so thank you for the fix. I did lose about 7 days of vnStat usage while I was away but that's better than having to reinstall everything again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!