What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello, there, it might be stupid question but using Diversion with pixelserv Do we need to Enable DNS-based Filtering? IF yes, then I did that and all DNS 1, DNS 2, DNS 3 was filled to 8.8.8.8. So how correctly to do the settings? Client List (Max Limit : 64) is only needed to let some devices not to USE Diversion or to USE Diversion?

You're asking in the wrong thread, sorry. :)

Hello, there, it might be stupid question but using Diversion with pixelserv Do we need to Enable DNS-based Filtering? IF yes, then I did that and all DNS 1, DNS 2, DNS 3 was filled to 8.8.8.8. So how correctly to do the settings? Client List (Max Limit : 64) is only needed to let some devices not to USE Diversion or to USE Diversion?
Hi. Try this thread: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker-v4-2-x.74941/

The various add-on/script threads can be found at this link: https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin-addons.60/

Good luck!

RT-AX58U, firmware 386.4

Is the install guide for amtm the same? It says amtm is included in the firmware, do I access it through router.asus or do I still need to SSH in?

With the current firmware, amtm no longer needs to be 'installed'. To access it, the steps are the same.

Simply skip the install steps and proceed with the rest of the suggested steps.

So I downloaded amtm and diversion onto my USB that's plugged into my router but I'm still seeing ads on Youtube. I went on Putty and went into diversion and everything is enabled.

What am I doing wrong?

YouTube is a special case. You may never get it to work.

For further information, please find the appropriate thread.

And/or use Better Search too.

So I downloaded amtm and diversion onto my USB that's plugged into my router but I'm still seeing ads on Youtube. I went on Putty and went into diversion and everything is enabled.

What am I doing wrong?
How are you accessing YouTube, via an app or a web browser? It's easy to block YouTube ads in a web browser with a plug-in like uBlock Origin, but I guess you already knew that. The YouTube app is another thing altogether. After trying Diversion, which didn't work for me, I thought I had found a solution when I downloaded AdGuard onto my Fire TV Stick, but I couldn't scroll down to accept the conditions that popped up on screen, so I wasn't able to find out if it would have worked on not. So at the moment, I just download any YouTube videos onto my NAS that I might want to watch and then I can watch them later without the ads.

Thanks for this guide. Before I start, if I decide to install YazFi only (no other scripts), do I still need a USB or SSD connected? It's just I read so many horror stories of the former overheating or failing and the latter may need some provision for TRIM.

With the current firmware, amtm no longer needs to be 'installed'. To access it, the steps are the same.

Simply skip the install steps and proceed with the rest of the suggested steps.

Is this still true for AC68U with the latest Merlin software? I just entered /jffs/scripts/amtm but got -sh: /jffs/scripts/amtm: not found

1684128400710.png

Need Help

still unable to install skynet on my AX88U

Based on L&LD's suggestion I added a large 240gb msata drive instead of a cheap USB stick. I can see how that would make sense. Set the swap file to the largest 10gb option, but still installation keeps failing

Below is copy paste from one of my previous post, I hope there is someone here who can figure out why I have been unable to install Skynet.

I would love to have Skynet back though. With Skynet I experienced the same issues with my older AC88U unit. Skynet was working great for a couple of years then one day it stopped working, i tried reinstalling and it just gave the "Skynet not installed message"

I was certain that if I got a new router (AX88U) that it would work again but alas it's the same issues again. I did post the question here on this forum and nobody seemed to be able to help with it back then, so I ended up giving up on it. It was suggested that github was blocked on a router or ISP level but i can reach github perfectly fine with and without VPN without any issues.

Maybe it's the repositories that can't be reached for some reason, not sure how i can test that but it's a very strange issue that only I seem to have

Here's the link to me posting about this issues a couple years back post #14 - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/skynet-install.46330/

View attachment 50110

Need Help

still unable to install skynet on my AX88U

Based on L&LD's suggestion I added a large 240gb msata drive instead of a cheap USB stick. I can see how that would make sense. Set the swap file to the largest 10gb option, but still installation keeps failing

Below is copy paste from one of my previous post, I hope there is someone here who can figure out why I have been unable to install Skynet.
Please share a screen shot of each of the steps you take when attempting to install skynet. With each screen shot explain what you are doing in that step. Provide a screenshot of the install failure as well.

Let it also be noted that your router probably needs to be running in router mode, and not access point modes.

Screenshot_20230515_014546_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't know of many(any) routers running in router mode that have this ip address.

Last edited:
Format the drive again and try naming the drive with only 8 characters instead.

Attach the log file if it fails again.

It may be running in double NAT, too.

It may be running in double NAT, too.

It is a possibility, but I don't think the router would have that IP as the lan ip addr. It typically would be 192.168.2.1 if that were the case. Which indicates to me that this user is trying to install skynet on a device not running in router mode, or is otherwise not a properly configured double nat scenario.

In accesspoint mode the firewall is disabled, and skynet will likely never install.

Last edited:
It is a possibility, but I don't think the router would have that IP as the lan ip addr. It typically would be 192.168.2.1 if that were the case. Which indicates to me that this user is trying to install skynet on a device not running in router mode, or is otherwise not a properly configured double nat scenario.

In accesspoint mode the firewall is disabled, and skynet will likely never install.

Please share a screen shot of each of the steps you take when attempting to install skynet. With each screen shot explain what you are doing in that step. Provide a screenshot of the install failure as well.

Let it also be noted that your router probably needs to be running in router mode, and not access point modes.

View attachment 50111

I don't know of many(any) routers running in router mode that have this ip address.
I will add screenshots of each steps and post again unless the double NAT issue is the culprit

The router is running in router mode, 192.168.2.9 is the IP address I assigned to it

Double NAT is likely as I have my router behind the ISP fiber router - unfortunately I am not able to switch that one to modem only as they only give you limited access to it. I was able to switch off UPnp on it, however DMZ is on and pointed toward my router at 192.168.2.9. So this might be the issue?

It's not a requirement that the router's IP address must be the 1st address in the LAN DHCP address range (e.g. 192.168.XX.1). One can assign to the router any IP address as long as it's within the valid DHCP range and *not* the broadcast address; and, obviously, it should not be an IP address that's already been either statically assigned or manually reserved to a network client.

Last edited:
It's not a requirement that the router's IP address must be the 1st address in the LAN DHCP address range (e.g. 192.168.XX.1). One can assign to the router any IP address as long as it's within the valid DHCP range and *not* the broadcast address; and, obviously, it should not be an IP address that's already been either statically assigned or manually reserved to a network client.
But would skynet install in accesspoint mode is the real question here.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!