What's new

Androind Fios App-> OpenVPN home router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tech960

Regular Contributor
I noticed I can now see all the additional Channels I could see as if I was at home connected to Wifi. However, when I go to play one of the channels, it comes up and just stays blank. There is some sort of port forwarding I think I need to do here, I just can't figure out what it is. In the AsusWRT config I can't even see how to add my cell phone as all the boxes refer to a local address on the LAN. I tried enabling redirect internet to clients in the OpenVPN config, that didn't seem to help.

Has anyone ever tried to set this up?

Last edited:
Well that's kind of the whole point is to use it with it enabled, as I get more viewing channels as the app thinks I am locally connected to my home router

Well that's kind of the whole point is to use it with it enabled, as I get more viewing channels as the app thinks I am locally connected to my home router

Welcome to the wonderful world of geo-locking... and it's more than just geo-locking these days with Operators getting into TV services...

Worst case - talk to your provider, but I'm thinking they'll say too bad... access outside of the LAN might be blocked, either based on IP (which in VPN may or may not matter) or via GPS services on the android device itself...