What's new

Aquantia AQC10x firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bricked my QNAP Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE adapter (QNA-T310G1S) with the update and could not roll the Marvell firmware back to the original version too. Ended up doing an RMA back to QNAP and finally got it fixed.
The above diag firmware is for AQC107 and AQN107 based PCIe cards only.

Do not use Marvell's official firmware unless it's proved. Use the firmware from your vendor.
AQC107: TP-LINK TX401 works perfect with Marvell's official firmware and driver. It works perfect without any modifying. Thiggins and I use same cards.

Do not use Marvell's official firmware unless it's proved. Use the firmware from your vendor.
AQC107: TP-LINK TX401 works perfect with Marvell's official firmware and driver. It works perfect without any modifying. Thiggins and I use same cards.
The problem is, the QNAP adapter's included instructions direct users to the Aquantia/Marvell website to update the AQC-107 drivers. And that's why I did it. When I asked their tech support about it, they were equally puzzled why this would brick the adapter. Had to RMA it in the end to get it fixed.

In a similar vein, you can check out this post on my findings about a IEI/QNAP wired router I was looking to purchase which used Marvell's proprietary driver instead of OpenWRT's upstream Linux one and ended up bricking all the network interfaces.

The problem is, the QNAP adapter's included instructions direct users to the Aquantia/Marvell website to update the AQC-107 drivers. And that's why I did it. When I asked their tech support about it, they were equally puzzled why this would brick the adapter. Had to RMA it in the end to get it fixed.

In a similar vein, you can check out this post on my findings about a IEI/QNAP wired router I was looking to purchase which used Marvell's proprietary driver instead of OpenWRT's upstream Linux one and ended up bricking all the network interfaces.

I don't trust QNAP products. Because I had "No aqtion network adapter found" when I tried to install a new firmware. Support device list shows us QNA-T310G1S clearly, but it doesn't support it properly. I think QNA-T310G1S has a hardware issue. I have never had a problem with TX401. I think QNAP doesn't use a reference PCB design. I've tried some 10gb cards including ASUS(horrible), Aquantia(original and old), Gigabyte, Qnap(horrible) and more. TX401 is the best for me. This is just my opinion.

@follower I had zero issues updating 4 different cards based on AQC-107 chipset to latest Marvell official firmware.

1. Asus XG-100C
2. QNAP QXG-10G1T (I use this in QNAP TS-653B)
3. Syba AQC107S black PCB (In Office PC)
4. Aquantia AQN107 (Purchased from Aquantia's website in 2018 before Marvell takeover)

I sold off Asus XG-100C because Asus fuqed WOL implementation on it. But the other 3 I am still using since almost 4 years. They are flawless!!

Recently I upgraded to Asus Z690 ProArt Motherboard which has newer onboard Marvell AQC113C and it can run on PCIe 4.0 x1
So far, no firmware update is available for AQC113C chipset.

If anyone is interested in latest and greatest AQC113C based 10Gbe card
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BZZJBDZ/?tag=snbforums-20

Card price keeps on bouncing between $89 and $119 randomly.

I don't trust QNAP products. Because I had "No aqtion network adapter found" when I tried to install a new firmware. Support device list shows us QNA-T310G1S clearly, but it doesn't support it properly. I think QNA-T310G1S has a hardware issue. I have never had a problem with TX401. I think QNAP doesn't use a reference PCB design. I've tried some 10gb cards including ASUS(horrible), Aquantia(original and old), Gigabyte, Qnap(horrible) and more. TX401 is the best for me. This is just my opinion.
And that's why I'm using this as my main 10Gbe adapter these days and keeping the the QNAP one in reserve.

@follower I had zero issues updating 4 different cards based on AQC-107 chipset to latest Marvell official firmware.

1. Asus XG-100C
2. QNAP QXG-10G1T (I use this in QNAP TS-653B)
3. Syba AQC107S black PCB (In Office PC)
4. Aquantia AQN107 (Purchased from Aquantia's website in 2018 before Marvell takeover)

I sold off Asus XG-100C because Asus fuqed WOL implementation on it. But the other 3 I am still using since almost 4 years. They are flawless!!

Recently I upgraded to Asus Z690 ProArt Motherboard which has newer onboard Marvell AQC113C and it can run on PCIe 4.0 x1
So far, no firmware update is available for AQC113C chipset.

If anyone is interested in latest and greatest AQC113C based 10Gbe card
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BZZJBDZ/?tag=snbforums-20

Card price keeps on bouncing between $89 and $119 randomly.
I had GC-AQC113C. It was unstable. I don't recommend it.

@follower
Surprisingly I had zero issues with AQC113C which is onboard Asus Z690 ProArt motherboard. Been using it for almost 6 months now. WOL works too.

It might be a problem with specific Gigabyte version of that card.

@follower
Surprisingly I had zero issues with AQC113C which is onboard Asus Z690 ProArt motherboard. Been using it for almost 6 months now. WOL works too.

It might be a problem with specific Gigabyte version of that card.
I will try try this next time.

Somehow it doesn't allow me to update?

MSI 10G SuperLan card.. pretty sure it's an Aquantia made one.. the drivers are just stock Aquantia drivers?View attachment 25313+

UPDATE:
View attachment 25314

Got it working by simply deciphering my hardware IDs from Device Manager. I added:
<pciid vid="1d6a" did="07B1" sdid="B912" svid="1462" />
To the updatedata.xml file. All seems to be smooth and working.
I also have the Asus XG-C100C V2, but don't manage to update it. I downloaded the MarvellFlashUpdate_1.80.3_3.1.121a file, opened the updatedata.xml using notepad. Added the info from the asus card but still get no adapters can be updated message. See attachments. What am I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• aquatica 1.PNG
    aquatica 1.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 43
  • aquatica 2.PNG
    aquatica 2.PNG
    180.4 KB · Views: 43

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!