What's new

asus AC68U rebooting by itself

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JuanjoA

New Around Here
Hello All
First of all let me thank Merlin and all contributors, for your work, it made a nice rotuer be a better piece of hardware. Thanks again.

I would like have your help or any clue about what could be happening or what i must do to find my problem and its solution.
From some weeks ago, my router Asus AC68u running with your soft version 378.53 has started to show a very dissapointing behaviour, from time to time, lets say 1 or 2 times on a week, suddenly lost internet connection, and after some seconds it works again, and going into general log tab, saw that router has rebooted by itself, so although it works again with correct setup, when this happens, all other things related to my home network (as watch streaming TV from media server, netsurfing, etc) become unusable, wife sometimes screams she can't see her movies without start again from the begining, you know
So my question is how can I start to investigate or what can I do to try to solve my problem?, I'm a not so tech user, so my knowledge about routers are medium to basic. Another question, I have my router connected as main router on my network, but access to internet is trhough a cable-modem that is mandatory by my internet provider so as can see its "blinking lights", cablemodem works fine in every moment, so problem is on Asus router.
Any help or advice will be welcomed

Many thanks in advance

You are running old firmware. Suggest to try 380.59 Beta 2 at this time (the .59 Beta 1 has proven more stable for most than the 380.58 firmware).

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Also suggest you reset the router to factory defaults (after loading the latest firmware) and then manually and minimally secure it and configure it to connect to your ISP.

You may also want to try john9527's NVRAM Save/Restore tool to have (at least) a human readable backup of your settings too.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r23.19521/

Trying to find the issue on your firmware level is kind of pointless, imo. You may just luck out and solve it by simply starting fresh. :)