What's new

asus AC68U settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nygamer814

New Around Here
I have the asus ac68r on 3.0.0.4.374.35_2 what wireless settings are working for you that gets you the best results I would like to know to see if I could benefit from them I would like all settings you guys would recommend for 2.4 and 5 ghz settings post pics or write the settings thanks for the help

anyone

I have the merlin firmware the lastest one merlin can you help? I get random speed drops and I have to restart my router always for it to get my speeds I live in a full size home router is in 1st floor xbox and laptop is on 2nd floor any suggestions? Or even post your backup of your settings and see if it can improve mines im not a networking guru when it comes to routers and how to get them to work to its potential

I have the merlin firmware the lastest one merlin can you help? I get random speed drops and I have to restart my router always for it to get my speeds I live in a full size home router is in 1st floor xbox and laptop is on 2nd floor any suggestions? Or even post your backup of your settings and see if it can improve mines im not a networking guru when it comes to routers and how to get them to work to its potential
so no one will help me? I got 180 views and not one comment I just need some help

5ghz channel 161, 80 MHz, all enabled in professional other than roaming.
2.4ghz 20 MHz channel 1 all enabled other than usb3 interference and roaming.
HW enabled. Jumbo frames enabled.

so no one will help me? I got 180 views and not one comment I just need some help
I think most people, like myself, are too busy to post. I enable virtually everything on the professional pages for both 2.4 and 5 GHz and set the preamble length to short. I use a fixed channel on both bands. The higher range channels on 5GHz give me better results than the lower range channels. I use the highest bandwidth possible as a fixed setting on both bands but the 2.4GHz is susually best served with 20MHz bandwidth. I like being a rebel. Happy Thanksgiving.

I also always use WPA2 encryption with AES on both bands. As for your settings, you should experiment. Try changing everything, nothing and all combinations in between and see what works best for you. What works great for me may be terrible for you and vice-versa. Good luck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!