What's new

Asus Blue Cave (AC2600) 2.4GHz wifi crash

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SmetcH

New Around Here
Dear all,

I am asking for help.
Philips Hue HDMI Sync Box keeps crashing my 2.4GHz wifi network. I tried to change the Authentication Method and control channel but no luck. Anyone had similar problem with clients crashing their 2.4GHz wifi?

TNX.

... tried to change the ... control channel but no luck
That would have been my guess. (I don't know anything about smart bulbs but I assume they use bluetooth?) Did you try all three (1, 6 & 11) channels? How far is your toy from your router? (Can you separate them even more?)

(I saw your review on the Phillips site ; -)

I didn’t try channel 1 but I’m not sure that will help.
I can separate Sync Box and router max 1.5m.
Do you think factory reseting and seting up the router from scratch will help?

I didn’t try channel 1 but I’m not sure that will help.
Bluetooth rotates through the 2.4 GHz frequencies. You might just get plain lucky using one channel versus another. You might even try setting the router to "auto"? (It'll either "help" or ... make it even worse : -)

Normally a smart bulb is "single shot"; set it and leave it. You're using a machine gun : -)
I can separate Sync Box and router max 1.5m.
Bluetooth signals are (purposefully) on the weak side but, being that close to the router, they are more likely to compete with each other. Can you do a temporary test setup with a TV in a different room?

EDIT: So, as a consequence of our national/state shutdown, my adult supervision (wife) has me cleaning out the garage and ... I stumble upon an old router setup manual. As I skim it over, before tossing it, I see, "... keep away from Bluetooth devices!"

Last edited:
I have solved the problem. Factory reseted Blue Cave and built the network from scratch. Hue Sync Box working, 2.4GHz wifi network working.
Well I'll be darned, I wasn't even close. Glad things are workin'

(Do me a favor? Look at what factory reset set wireless 2.4 to, e.g., control channel, bandwidth?)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!