What's new

Asus dsl-ac88u died

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

no plan for update firmware of dsl-ac88u
That's not unusual. No manufacturer would "plan" a firmware update unless they were adding new features. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't release updates to fix bugs. The current firmware was only released 26 days ago.

some bugs are cofirmed from asus also, for example dhcp lock and other is feature missing, for example wpa3

I wouldn't expect them to add WPA3 to that model because it's too old. At the moment it's only in the RT-AX88U. If they do add it to other models I would expect it to be only on "ax" devices.

and other is feature missing, for example wpa3

WPA3 is not likely to happen via any firmware update to existing routers . It requires the manufacturer to apply for certification for their devices.

https://www.howtogeek.com/339765/what-is-wpa3-and-when-will-i-get-it-on-my-wi-fi/

Technically, WPA2 and WPA3 are hardware certifications that device manufacturers must apply for. A device manufacturer must fully implement the required security features before being able to market their device as “Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ WPA2™” or “Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ WPA3™”.

Do you have any client devices that are WPA3 enabled?

https://www.asus.com/it/Networking/DSL-AC88U/HelpDesk_BIOS/ release date 14/12/2018 and no new firmware, no bug fix, no security, nothing

This would be consistent with my feeling that gateway devices that include modem functions tend to be less mainstream and enjoy less love and support and a shorter usable life overall. I've used the same cable modem while updating the router from N66U to AC68U to AC86U, and could even make it to an AX router now that I have an AX-enabled PC arriving soon.

Still, your gateway hasn't "died"... you can still use it.

OE

This would be consistent with my feeling that gateway devices that include modem functions tend to be less mainstream and enjoy less love and support and a shorter usable life overall. I've used the same cable modem while updating the router from N66U to AC68U to AC86U, and could even make it to an AX router now that I have an AX-enabled PC arriving soon.

Still, your gateway hasn't "died"... you can still use it.

OE
I had an Optus branded netgear modem for ooh I want to say. 15 or 16 years and it never battered an eyelid. I'd still be using it if it wasn't for the NBN routers, they do so much so simply

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!