What's new

Advice pls - DSL-AC88u as Adsl bridge into an RT-AX88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

latent

New Around Here
Hi, I have searched but not found (or recognised) any guides on how to set up a DSL-AC88u as a Modem (bridge?) for a VDSL input into a newer Router.

The dsl-as88u is currently running my home network on the Plusnet VDSL line

I have a new Fibre line installed which I will be using the new RT-AX88u PRO into WAN and running the network via it.

I want to use the Dsl-ac88u as the secondary WAN Aggregate via a LAN into my new RT-AX88u Pro.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to set the DSL-ac88u as a modem and have the RT-Ax88u Pro recognise it.

WAN aggregation questions will them follow :)

You cannot use WAN aggregation with two different internet sources. WAN aggregation requires that both ports are connected to a single gateway device that supports LACP.

However, you can use Dual WAN with two different internet connections, in either Load Balance or Failover mode.

Sorry, I don't know how to put the DSL-AC88U into bridge mode, but you probably wouldn't gain much by doing so.

Sorry yes Dual Wan not aggregation. Wrong terminology on my part.

Load balance is Plan A

I’ve used various ASUS routers, I don’t believe the DSL models have the bridge functionality, only the RT models have it.

Welcome to the forums @Avinitlarge.

I believe you are correct!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!