What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I understand that UI changed.
You are describing DNS Server. No issues there.

Specifically, DNS Privacy Protocol > DNS-over-TLS Server (DoT).
When it's enabled, Preset servers option is missing as in my included link for an image from

RMerlin thread here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/preview-asuswrt-merlin-384-11-with-dns-over-tls.56095/.​

Selecting those presets would populate DNS-over-TLS Server List (Max Limit : 8)

Attachments.
Internet Connection.png – is how it looks like right now, that list I had to populate manually. And Preset servers option is missing.
RMerlin DOT-preview2.png – shows Preset servers, how they were in previous version 3.0.0.4.388.23110

I understand it can be a bit confusing.
DNS and DNS-over-TLS
You'll get different test results at https://1.1.1.1/help
Sorry for misunderstand. It does went missing. Hope they'll add it back soon.

if i remembered correctly, the preset doesn't include 1.1.1.2/security.cloudflare-dns.com. That is why i set it manually and not realize it went missing 😅

@dsky It's all good. I hope it's just a bug, a regression in a stable release. Those presets are user-friendly and faster than copy/paste.

A more interesting question would be whether anything older than the AX6000 will be getting 3.0.0.6

Yeah, that too. ASUS would be supporting 3 generations of FW... 3.0.0.4.386, 3.0.0.4.388, and now 3.0.0.6.102.

I'm having a problem with one client (that I know of). It's an internet radio that used to connect with no issues on the 3.0.0.4 firmware. When I tried the beta it was not able to connect and at that time I didn't feel like dealing with it since it was a beta so I rolled back to the 3.0.0.4 firmware. Now that 3.0.0.6 has gone final and I'm still having the same issue. It looks like a bug in the new Guest Network Pro. I have created a standard Guest network which was automatically assigned VLAN 52. If I enable that network, the internet radio is unable to connect to my primary wireless network (not the guest). If I disable the guest network, the internet radio is able to connect to the primary wireless network as expected. Everything else seems to be working fine. I already did a hard reset and loaded a backup config from 3.0.0.4 which removed the old Guest network I had on the 3.0.0.4 firmware so I had to create a new Guest network.

Welcome to the forums @darc50.

You can't expect to load a saved backup config file from such different firmware versions.

Perform a full reset. Perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup config file.

You may also need to forget the SSID's on the internet radio, reboot it, then re-associate it the router again.

Does anyone facing issue when using WireGuard VPN client? I did full factory reset and manually configure only minimal settings + WireGuard client.
it works initially but not after reboot the router.

I notice the WireGuard Client always in connection state after reboot and causing the entire router lost internet connection (even with those devices that does not route to Wireguard VPN.)
the only workaround at the moment to resolve this issue after reboot seems to be manually disable the WireGuard Client and then enable it back immediately.

the workaround does resolve everything but sometimes not everyone has access to admin page to disable and enable it after switch on router.

@dsky, what does checking the system log file indicate is failing?

Hi.
Did anybody observe performance problems after this upgrade? I have external USB3.0 disk attached to AX6000 router and before upgrade I had download speed (via samba) over 100 000 kB/s (mostly 110 000 kB/s) either via cable or Wifi. Now I have over cable around 70 000 kB/s and over Wifi around 23 000 kB/s.

Last edited:
I know, it wasn't my plan to do so. But after problems I thought this was the only way.

Welcome to the forums @darc50.

You can't expect to load a saved backup config file from such different firmware versions.

Perform a full reset. Perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup config file.

You may also need to forget the SSID's on the internet radio, reboot it, then re-associate it the router again.
After performing another hard reset and manually applying minimal settings plus the Guest network and resetting the internet radio to default settings, I'm still not able to connect it to the primary SSID while the Guest network is active. If I disable the Guest network, I am able to connect the internet radio with no issues. I applied the rest of my settings manually and everything seems to be working as before. The only remaining issue is the one device that has never had any problems connecting to this router before the addition of Guest Network pro.

I never installed the beta went from previous release to this new line (non beta) dirty upgrade and so far so good….

I've upgraded to the 3.0.0.6.102_21514 and my guest network passwords changed. I had special characters in my passwords. Under the new version, passwords got cut off at character "<" and ">". I tried to reset them back but every time I save the passwords, they get cut off at "<" and ">". I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.388_23285 and was able to reset my passwords back to previous passwords with special characters. Reached out to ASUS support - they are not helpful in answering if special characters are supported in the new version 3.0.0.6.102_21514. Anyone else having this issue?

Welcome to the forums @i_b.

This is a known issue for many versions of firmware now.

Why 8 Alphanumeric SSID Characters
I am OK with SSID not supporting special characters, but in my post I am referring to the password field for a guest network. When I try to set the password for my guest network, after I save it, the password gets cut off at the special character. So, say instead of "test<123" it gets saved as "test" and the remaining "<123" gets cut off.

I am OK with SSID not supporting special characters, but in my post I am referring to the password field for a guest network. When I try to set the password for my guest network, after I save it, the password gets cut off at the special character. So, say instead of "test<123" it gets saved as "test" and the remaining "<123" gets cut off.
Can confirm with < >.
I've tried these, not all the characters used, but this test!@#$%^&*()_+=-.?/`~[]{}test seems to stick.

Maybe it should give a warning like for these characters | \ – "Pre-shared key should be 8 to 63 characters or 64 hex digits!". Though it doesn't tell you which character it doesn't like.
And maybe it should be more specific, e.g., for a comma , – ", are invalid characters."

Not sure what Asus routers run for OS, it does use Linux kernel and < > is a redirection operator in CLI (terminal, scripts). I doubt that's what's happening here but…

Not sure if there is a documentation for password rules.

[Wireless Router] How to change my Router wireless password? | Official Support | ASUS Global
The field requires a password of 8 ~ 63 characters(letters, numbers or a combination) or 64 hex digits to start the encryption process. If you leave this field blank, the default [00000000] will be assigned as your password.

Can confirm with < >.
I've tried these, not all the characters used, but this test!@#$%^&*()_+=-.?/`~[]{}test seems to stick.

Maybe it should give a warning like for these characters | \ – "Pre-shared key should be 8 to 63 characters or 64 hex digits!". Though it doesn't tell you which character it doesn't like.
And maybe it should be more specific, e.g., for a comma , – ", are invalid characters."

Not sure what Asus routers run for OS, it does use Linux kernel and < > is a redirection operator in CLI (terminal, scripts). I doubt that's what's happening here but…

Not sure if there is a documentation for password rules.

[Wireless Router] How to change my Router wireless password? | Official Support | ASUS Global
This must be new then for this release. In 3.0.0.4.388_23285 my passwords for guest network accept < and > just fine.

I don't differentiate between the two. Nor the user name either.

Looks good from the outset. The only oddity that I've noticed is that for 2.4GHz. band the channel setting remains "auto" even though I set it to channel 1. However, it does say "current control channel: 1". Pretty sure that the Beta didn't do that for 2.4GHz. band, or I would have noticed *smile*.

I updated a few hours ago and I’m seeing the same thing with the 2.4 GHz channel. When the page loads it says it’s using Auto, but that’s not what I picked. It’s using the correct channel, but “auto” is being selected.

In addition, the ipv6 system log is not showing any host names. Under 3.0.0.4 it showed the same hostname that shows up on the dhcp system log for the MAC.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!