What's new

Asus Merlin on RT AC88U ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xavax

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I have an RT AC88U with the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81116 dating 2019/09/23.
Can I put the firmware Asus merlin RT-AC88U_384.13_0.zip dating 2019-07-31?

I have a lot of stability issues with the last original firwmare. Unable to connect a repeater. Sometimes the repeater successfully connects but other devices do not connect anymore

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English.

Since you are having stability issues, I'd suggest that you make a factory default after the upgrade to Merlin 384.13. Document your current configuration first with screenshots and manually type in the settings after the factory default.

Thanks.
I have 600mbps in 5ghz. Is it a good thing ?
I have disable :
  1. Airtime Fairness
  2. Universal Beamforming

Link rate or effective download speed?

I would say its just fine.
You should only ask if you need more and how you could get more, as long as you are fine with your speeds forget about it.

Channel 104 80mhz on iPhone 11 Pro
That's about right. The iPhone 11 Pro is a 2 stream device meaning that the maximum link speed you could get with your router using 80MHz bandwidth would be 866Mbps.

Hello,
I have an RT AC88U with the latest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81116 dating 2019/09/23.
Can I put the firmware Asus merlin RT-AC88U_384.13_0.zip dating 2019-07-31?

I have a lot of stability issues with the last original firwmare. Unable to connect a repeater. Sometimes the repeater successfully connects but other devices do not connect anymore

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English.
I have the same router and merlin's magic works fine but we are up to 14 now so you may as well go straight to 14 .I haven't read all the posts in this thread so someone else may have already suggested that Ps if you still have issues after uploading merlin firmware,which is very doubtful, you may want to try l&lds nuclear reset.I have done it once when my router had a fever and was doing strange things and it brought it back to out of the box new , but with merlin firmware
It's a bit of a pain to do as it's a bit time consuming but well worth the effort

Last edited:
No problem since :
I have disable :
Airtime Fairness
Universal Beamforming

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!