What's new

ASUS RT-AC68u Double NAT problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rollystone95

New Around Here
Hey everybody,

I'm new to this forum and have never really had a problem with my router/internet before. But, unfortunately that day has come, and the provided internet with my new apartment makes my wireless situation into a double NAT, which isn't a problem usually, but it disables access to my plex server remotely. Can somebody run me through potential solutions to this problem so that I may access this server remotely. Sorry if this is vague, but I am new to networking discussion, although fairly literate/competent with technology.

Thank you for all help

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this forum and have never really had a problem with my router/internet before. But, unfortunately that day has come, and the provided internet with my new apartment makes my wireless situation into a double NAT, which isn't a problem usually, but it disables access to my plex server remotely. Can somebody run me through potential solutions to this problem so that I may access this server remotely. Sorry if this is vague, but I am new to networking discussion, although fairly literate/competent with technology.

Thank you for all help

If I understand your post correctly, you moved into an apartment, where Internet is provided to you as part of your rent? If that's the case, can't see how you will be able to access the network remotely, if you are not paying for the service, yourself. Maybe the landlord can set up a VPN service, but I would think that would be highly unlikely..

you understand correctly, I wished there was another option, yet It seems that I'm SOL. Oh well, I can just sync my entire plex library to my google drive and remotely access that way. Thank you for all the help

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!