What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Lumpy Admin Module

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John Wright

Occasional Visitor
My router is at the current FW level (2.052 Updated : 2018/01/20 11:18)

Login from FIREFOX.

While I have a minor concern, I am reporting the issue in case it is more than trivial.

The performance of command module is extremely lumpy and appears to coincidental with the updates with respect to the INTEL chip problem.

Does anyone else have the same lumpy performance?

I am using router based VPN with service provided by VYPR vpn.

John

My router is at the current FW level (2.052 Updated : 2018/01/20 11:18)
That doesn't appear to be a valid firmware level. Are you sure you're talking about the correct product?

The performance of command module is extremely lumpy and appears to coincidental with the updates with respect to the INTEL chip problem.
What's a "command module"?

That doesn't appear to be a valid firmware level. Are you sure you're talking about the correct product?

What's a "command module"?

Thank you so much for the response.

Command Module is graphic administration interface i..e. http://192.168.0.1/Main_Login.asp
FirmWare Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_10007-g8e859e9
As few seconds ago it took 4 - 5 second from lohin CR to screen paint.
For some reason screen to screen paint more rapidly at the moment than earlier, however up to 2 seconds.
However it is much slower now than it was say 2 weeks ago.

I do log in frequently. I have a Good and Gander situation.
I need VPN for single US based applications and no VPN for some other US sensitive applications.
Most applications it does not matter.
Needless to say performance is better without VPN.

I would like to help resolve the situation as I/we do not what else is affected.

John

Your command module is better called the Graphical User Interface or GUI.
Your firmware is current as you know but did you do a factory reset and reconfigure of the router? This is usually recommended when there is a major change like this.
Firefox Quantum could also be a problem. There have been many issues with Firefox after the upgrade. I discovered Firefox ESR version and rolled all my computers back to it except my Android tablet which I switched to Chrome.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

BB,

GUI. I knew that, it just did not come to mind.
I did save the configuration before I did the update.

No one concurred with my observation of a performance issue.
So I am left to assume a local issue. Correct me if that is not a correct conclusion.

Thank you, all, for your assistance.

John

Your command module is better called the Graphical User Interface or GUI.
Your firmware is current as you know but did you do a factory reset and reconfigure of the router? This is usually recommended when there is a major change like this.
Firefox Quantum could also be a problem. There have been many issues with Firefox after the upgrade. I discovered Firefox ESR version and rolled all my computers back to it except my Android tablet which I switched to Chrome.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Should do a factory reset (push and hold the reset button for 5+ secs) and then re-configure your router (don't load backup file) manually. I use Chrome and generally don't have lag between screens in the GUI unless settings are changed and saved.

GG,

The performance is essentially the same for Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
I did a FW upgrade as one was available. No change.
I will do the factory reset and FW upgrade over the weekend.
Thanks again

John

Should do a factory reset (push and hold the reset button for 5+ secs) and then re-configure your router (don't load backup file) manually. I use Chrome and generally don't have lag between screens in the GUI unless settings are changed and saved.

With my RT-AC68U it takes in general 1-2 seconds to load the pages in Firefox (and any browser on any device).
I suggest to revert to Factory defaults: Advanced Settings>Administration>Restore/Save/Upload Setting>Factory default>Restore
Then manual configure the router again, start with the bare minimal (Login Name/Password, WAN Connection Type and Wireless Authentication).
Check the performance again.

With my RT-AC68U it takes in general 1-2 seconds to load the pages in Firefox (and any browser on any device).
I suggest to revert to Factory defaults: Advanced Settings>Administration>Restore/Save/Upload Setting>Factory default>Restore
Then manual configure the router again, start with the bare minimal (Login Name/Password, WAN Connection Type and Wireless Authentication).
Check the performance again.

Thank you.

John

I have performed two production firmware updates since starting this thread.
The second was very recent. The situation is that there no longer seems to be a perceived performance (screen paint] issue.

Thank you for your interest in the issue.

John

I have performed 2 additional FW update. 20287 3 times*.

The lumpy performance resolved itself likely with the 2 FW updates.

* 3 times is because it is apparent the flag that indicates New FW available is not reset**.

**I have been a bit basher for 50 years. PDP-5, PDP - 8i, 8e, PDP - 11.

John

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!