What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Merlin Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WhiteWulf

New Around Here
So I didnt know about the glichy-ness of the wifi until after I bought it but I quickly found out about Merlin and I have been ever so happy since flashing the firmware.

I do have a question. On the QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor page, is there a way to display the traffic based on highest use and make it stay that way ? By the time I see a spike in traffic and scroll down to find the device talking, it has stopped. Guess the best example would be Windows task manager, sorted highest to lowest as it will always show the top talker or process.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Just curious what version of the RMerlin firmware you are running? There may be an update (384.9 was just released) that addresses your question.

Thanks for the reply, I am running 384.9

Right now, my son's ps4 is the only thing really running and it is at the top of the list. Will have to watch for a while to see if it keeps updating.

Just checked it again, still showing the PS4 as the top talker but the PS4 is off and about 1/ of my network devices are not showing in the list. Gonna pop a reboot and see if it updates.

Edit: After a reboot, most of my devices are showing in the list but it doesnt appear to be sorting based on traffic.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!