What's new

Asus RT AC87U getting better signal on 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chrismallia

Occasional Visitor
Hi I just got ac87u and updated to last firmware 30043786117 and what is happening is that I am getting a better signal on the 5ghz band then on the 2.4 ghz example I get 70dbm on 2.4 and 60 to 65dbm on 5ghz, on the old firmware both bands had weak signal/ I checked the professional tab and all bands are 100 percent, any help please?

That doesnt make too much sense, 2.4ghz has always stronger signal.

Have you RESET your device?

I was refeering also to this part:

"on the old firmware both bands had weak signal"

Hi I just got ac87u and updated to last firmware 30043786117 and what is happening is that I am getting a better signal on the 5ghz band then on the 2.4 ghz example I get 70dbm on 2.4 and 60 to 65dbm on 5ghz, on the old firmware both bands had weak signal/ I checked the professional tab and all bands are 100 percent, any help please?

Make sure that you're on channel 6 on 2.4GHz. when testing signal strength...I noticed that channel 11 (for example) on the band edge is lower for me. I assume that channel 1 would also be lower, but haven't checked that one, just went back to channel 6 *smile*.

Make sure that you're on channel 6 on 2.4GHz. when testing signal strength...I noticed that channel 11 (for example) on the band edge is lower for me. I assume that channel 1 would also be lower, but haven't checked that one, just went back to channel 6 *smile*.
Yes was on channel 6, 1 and 11 are lower. I contacted Asus and they told me to choose channels 8 initially, followed by 1, 3, 6, 11 and 13. and enable Reducing USB 3.0 interference I did all that seams to be better but I still no big difference in sertin places I still get better 5ghz I think Asus lowerd alot transmit power on the 2ghz in europe

Try a different FW and compare it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!