What's new

Asus RT-AX53U not works 3G/4G dongle.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

forum_dyskusyjne

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I need yours help, maybe who knows 4G dongle (USB) whose works on this router?
I tried run two different 4G dongle stick, but I haven't any positive result.

Hmmmm,
List are not actualised since many years.
I reported problem to the support, but was ignored. On the else models 4G stick works correctly for example: RT-AC59V2, RT-AC58V3.

That's not a reason to make it work, they use different CPUs, there may be architectural differences, and the firmware you're using may not include a driver for that dongle, you can ask Asus to add support for the dongle you have support, unless you compile the source code yourself to add the required drivers.

I checked different models LTE.
None of them not work correctly (Huawei, ZTE). Even when is show in USB port (Is recognised).
Not work DHCP, there is announced: "There is problem, Your DHCP not work correctly".

Hi,
I need yours help, maybe who knows 4G dongle (USB) whose works on this router?
I tried run two different 4G dongle stick, but I haven't any positive result.

Hi, I have the same router and the same problem. RT-AX53U. Its 12v so its ideal for use in our RV.

Our dongle is a 4G Huawei E8372. Works great on our other Asus routers, but not on this one. It will not mount and show up in the network map. Sad cause Asus makes good routers.

BUT it did work for a moment. It connected and I could surf the net.!

I disconnected the dongle and tried again, but no luck. I have been trying to replicate that connection ever since.

If it is the same for other dongles on this Asus router, I hope Asus can correct it in an update. The Huawei E8372 worked great when it was connected so compatibility is there.

It just won’t mount :(

Pal

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!