What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (15-05-2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK, so I'm seeing a few people now who have an 86S getting the firmware update. So, guess it's still supported. It was just surprising when the name of this thread singled out the 86U vs saying 86 Series as it usually does.

updaing now, hopefully traffic analyzer is fixed %100.

OK, so I'm seeing a few people now who have an 86S getting the firmware update. So, guess it's still supported. It was just surprising when the name of this thread singled out the 86U vs saying 86 Series as it usually does.

You are surprised some forum member didn't type '86 Series' in a forum thread? o_O

Here's the US download and ASUS' spelling of things:

Here is the ASUS EOL product page... look it up and relax, it's not there:

OE

You are surprised some forum member didn't type '86 Series' in a forum thread? o_O

Here's the US download and ASUS' spelling of things:

Here is the ASUS EOL product page... look it up and relax, it's not there:

OE
I was surprised yes, because it's always been consistent. I also didn't realize just anyone could start a release thread, it's always been certain ones before.

Remember though, @OzarkEdge when the Pro was just being announced by Asus, there was speculation whether or not, the standard AX86U was going to take the place of the AX86S, and the Pro was going to fill the spot of the standard 86U. When this thread changed how it was labeled that triggered the memory. and that's why I asked if that was the case. Since I've seen people posting here who still have an S which got today's firmware as well. Then I realized someone wasn't consistent in naming the thread. Not a big deal.

Last edited:
Doesn’t seem to be bricking routers. I may give it a shot tonight after the family sails off to dreamland.

Doesn’t seem to be bricking routers. I may give it a shot tonight after the family sails off to dreamland.
depending on what everyone is doing, you could probably do it while they are up, my network didn't suffer any kind of long downtime on the update

depending on what everyone is doing, you could probably do it while they are up, my network didn't suffer any kind of long downtime on the update
The problem is if anything goes wrong I don’t want to deal with the complaints as I set it up clean from a reset.

OK, that I understand. Do it when that won't matter then.
Haha, for sure. I haven’t had a single issue with the previous firmware, and I’ve learned not to rush to the new thing unless there’s an emergency security fix. Even then it can probably wait till after dinner, haha.

Haha, for sure. I haven’t had a single issue with the previous firmware, and I’ve learned not to rush to the new thing unless there’s an emergency security fix. Even then it can probably wait till after dinner, haha.
so far, this has been a clean upgrade for me without issues, and no one else has reported genuine issues either so far.

I was surprised yes, because it's always been consistent. I also didn't realize just anyone could start a release thread, it's always been certain ones before.

Anyone can announce firmware here and many different members do... some are more detail-oriented than others, so the consistency does vary. I would not pin too much on the minutia of one's choice of words in the moment.

OE

Anyone can announce firmware here and many different members do... some are more detail-oriented than others, so the consistency does vary. I would not pin too much on the minutia of one's choice of words in the moment.

OE

I have updated the thread name, now AX86S is included as well.

For me the update still seems to be only available via the GUI/app, it is not yet available on the Asus support page. As I have a AX86U, I was not sure that the AX86S had an update as well.
Now I have seen AX86S update confirmations in this thread, I have updated the thread name accordingly.

For me the update still seems to be only available via the GUI/app, it is not yet available on the Asus support page. As I have a AX86U, I was not sure that the AX86S had an update as well.
Now I have seen AX86S update confirmations in this thread, I have updated the thread name accordingly.
@tommie No worries, I was the one who made the initial comment because I wanted to make sure the information being presented was correct. Because of the diversity of people online, and their skill level, and various degrees of understanding it can be frustrating. So I try to help with that by making sure people receive correct info. As I mentioned above, I wasn't sure what Asus was going to do with the "S" model based on past conversations, and now with the pro model being available. So I'm glad things are sorted now, and we're all on the same page.

Per the US site:
https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...s/rt-ax86u/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX86U

ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285
Version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 70.86 MB 2023/05/15
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...T_AX86U_AX86S_300438823285.zip?model=RT-AX86U

two days report after a clean install of what i use.

traffic anaylzer is working well
wifi is working well
instant guard is working well
Mesh setup is working
gui is responsive
No abnormal CPU/ram spikes

So far so good.

Looking forward to a Merlin-fied version.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!