What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (15-05-2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's an illusion. When it gets the RMerlin touch, stock will seem so passé.

Been a couple days here, and everything seems OK. Was waiting to see more feedback on clean setup vs upgrade from previous settings. No issues here, and I haven't changed much from stock. Mainly just tweaked a few wireless settings, turned off UPNP, set up a guest network, etc.

Updated yesterday, today all my 3 air conditioners disconnected from WiFi, they reconnected after restarting the router. This never happened for all the time I used the old version.

On the browser (both Firefox and Chrome), if I logout from the router, close the tab and then I open its page again on a new tab, I go directly to the main page bypassing the login page. The interface is not functional in this case, I have to logout and login again on the same tab to get in. This started to happen immediately after the update.

I am seriously considering to downgrade, I had zero issues with the last version.

Updated yesterday, today all my 3 air conditioners disconnected from WiFi, they reconnected after restarting the router. This never happened for all the time I used the old version.

On the browser (both Firefox and Chrome), if I logout from the router, close the tab and then I open its page again on a new tab, I go directly to the main page bypassing the login page. The interface is not functional in this case, I have to logout and login again on the same tab to get in. This started to happen immediately after the update.

I am seriously considering to downgrade, I had zero issues with the last version.
before that, try a factory reset, you'll have to do one anyway to downgrade.

before that, try a factory reset, you'll have to do one anyway to downgrade.
It is not the factory reset that scares me in this case, it is reconfiguring everything twice...
I am regretting to not have saved the configuration before the upgrade and I strongly suggest everyone attempting the upgrade to do so.

It is not the factory reset that scares me in this case, it is reconfiguring everything twice...
I am regretting to not have saved the configuration before the upgrade and I strongly suggest everyone attempting the upgrade to do so.
Well, I upgraded, as have others without issues. So it could be your specific setup that didn't make it through the upgrade.

Updated, the only issue I noticed is once updated, when I use the GUI to check for updates it looks for an update then fails saying it cannot connect to ASUS servers\times out.

Updated, the only issue I noticed is once updated, when I use the GUI to check for updates it looks for an update then fails saying it cannot connect to ASUS servers\times out.
I was having that issue randomly before the update. I don't think it's related.

Something to keep an eye on...

Be interesting to see if any AX86 users experience this at all.

Edit: Judging by what I've seen and read it's basically any router that's running 386 FW.

Last edited:
Something to keep an eye on...

Be interesting to see if any AX86 users experience this at all.

Edit: Judging by what I've seen and read it's basically any router that's running 386 FW.
FYI, here is my memory usage after being up for a day or so after the latest update. RT-AX86U Gundam edition.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 3.57.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 3.57.40 PM.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 210
My firmware updated automatically a few days ago, and since then I've experienced AIMesh disconnects between my RT-AX86U and my RP-AX56 (which is on 3.0.0.4.386_42860).

I've factory reset both and gone through the AIMesh reconnect. After about 10 minutes of connection, the main router loses connection with the repeater, regardless of backhaul (1G Ethernet or 5GHZ).

I've attached the syslog if it helps. The MAC for the RP-AX56 is 50:EB:F6:6B:85:71

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    198.4 KB · Views: 28
Web History stuck again, fixed by reboot:

1684362560674.png

Note the jump from 2023-5-15 to 2023-5-17 (rebooted around 7:10AM)

so far so good...

Going to shoot for the stars later this evening

Will the wifi 7 routers be compatible with Asus ac86 routers in aimesh mode? I have two of them and one rt ax 86u. Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!