What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.23285 (15-05-2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AiMesh advertisements claim compatibility between anything AiMesh capable, but how well the mix is going to work is up to you to discover.

AiMesh advertisements claim compatibility between anything AiMesh capable, but how well the mix is going to work is up to you to discover.
Figured as much

Will the wifi 7 routers be compatible with Asus ac86 routers in aimesh mode? I have two of them and one rt ax 86u. Thanks
Most likely they will work with older AiMesh equipment. I wouldn't wait for them as it will be some time before I buy anything that will use WIFI 7. Let others work the bugs out.

Hey guys. noticed a slight issue with my RT-AX86U off and on since the previous firmware. This doesn't seem to impact network performance, and I can't tell if it's just a graphical bug, or things are actually disconnecting and reconnecting.
When I log into the UI, I'll see the number of clients drop to around 13-15, and then jump back up to the full number. Nothing seems to lose connection, and I think the time I started noticing this is when I started using the guest network. Does Asus have any outstanding known issues regarding the guest network ? As mentioned, this only seems graphical, as nothing seems to loose connection, and as also mentioned it's fast, and quite random.

EDIT: I wanted to mention before a factory reset is suggested. I had done a factory reset and wipe before setting up the guest network on the previous firmware, so I was seeing this glitch on a clean setup. With that said, I could try it again, but will probably not make a difference in this case since that has already been done.

Last edited:
Hey guys. noticed a slight issue with my RT-AX86U off and on since the previous firmware. This doesn't seem to impact network performance, and I can't tell if it's just a graphical bug, or things are actually disconnecting and reconnecting.
When I log into the UI, I'll see the number of clients drop to around 13-15, and then jump back up to the full number. Nothing seems to lose connection, and I think the time I started noticing this is when I started using the guest network. Does Asus have any outstanding known issues regarding the guest network ? As mentioned, this only seems graphical, as nothing seems to loose connection, and as also mentioned it's fast, and quite random.

EDIT: I wanted to mention before a factory reset is suggested. I had done a factory reset and wipe before setting up the guest network on the previous firmware, so I was seeing this glitch on a clean setup. With that said, I could try it again, but will probably not make a difference in this case since that has already been done.
Continuing "bug" in network map. The Pro version has it, too.

If you are a long time Asus wifi router user, you soon learn it’s normal and not to rely on accurate information from it.

If you are a long time Asus wifi router user, you soon learn it’s normal and not to rely on accurate information from it.
I've only used Asus for a little under a year, mainly because Apple got out of the router market. If they hadn't I'd probably still be using an AirPort of some kind because they just work and I've had very little need to be concerned with glitches. In fact, I still have the last model they made, it still works and is stable just behind on WiFi standards at this point.

Did your router notify you about the FW update availability? I tried to check a FW update, but router said the FW is up to date (3.0.0.4.388_22525-gd35b8fe)...

Four days after the firmware update, the Web History got stuck.
I won't check anymore, but I'm sure the automatic signature updates and AiProtection counts have stopped as well.

The last firmware where these worked properly was 3.0.0.4.386.49599.

Click the support link in the firmware section of the Web UI, and see if you can download the firmware from the Asus support site for your router, and then manually flash within the Web UI.
I did it already, but this doesn't solve the issue...

I did it already, but this doesn't solve the issue...
What issue did it NOT solve? updating, or simply updating through the download option. Depending on who you talk to, some say it's more reliable to download the file from Asus, then flash in the UI. I personally have done it both ways, but haven't had issues either way.

Someone to try this on 388_23285, please:

1684762396009.png

1684762206148.png

This stops Google QUIC protocol, used as an example.

After hitting Apply nothing happens on my router. The firewall restarts, but the rules disappear.

Someone to try this on 388_23285, please:
After hitting Apply nothing happens on my router. The firewall restarts, but the rules disappear.
Yeah same happens with the 388_23285 firmware for the RT-AX86U Pro. See this thread:
On the current Asus-Merlin firmware (388.2_2) Network Services Filter works as expected because Merlin uses a previous GPL file from Asus. The 23285 is borked and Asus will have to fix it.

The router was then automatically rebooted.
No reboot scheduler was set.
The firmware update may have caused it to reboot as a stopgap measure when the Trend Micro feature gets stuck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!