What's new

Asus RT-AX88U (Merlin 388.2.2) how to scheduled reboot??!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kamikaze01

Regular Contributor
Hello.

Is there a way to automatically reboot my router?
I can not find anything in the GUI..

Or maybe someone could explay where to store the script (and what coding lines I need...).

Asus RT-AX88U with Merlin 388.2.2

Thank U :)

AHH...
Just found it in the Administration Section...

Sorry for that 🥴😕

Screenshot_20230721_161709_Chrome.jpg

Why do you need to reboot the router indefinitely?

If you're using this as a workaround, you shouldn't. Find the core issue and fix that instead.

If you're doing this as a 'preventative' measure, don't. There is no good reason to do so. And may even be harmful to the equipment too (vs. just leaving it on).

Yeah yeah... I know... But tbo I am too lazy and do not have enough time to research (father, fulltime job, little childen),..

I control 3 Air condition via WLAN.
And 4 or 5 times a week the app did not find them and therefor I can not controll them.
They are connected to the router and have a valid IP.

Reconnecting them to the Router (as well as restarting them) does not help.
Only(!) after a router restart they work as expected.

Another problem is my printer (direct connect via LAN cable)...
I can find it with ip, connect to its gui, but cannot print as my phone does not recognise the printer...
And again does a reconnect (as well as a printer restart) not help - but after router restart everything works fine again.

So as a workaround I use the scheduled restart until next update - let's see if then anything will change ;-)

But: when a scheduled restart is that bad, why is it offered in the official GUI??!

It's offered for the lazy. :)

There are many things to suggest you do, but I don't believe you'll follow through, so I won't right now.

An update will rarely fix the multiple issues you're listing, btw. I believe your installation/configuration is not in a good/known state right now.

Good luck on relying on the reboot to continue to solve the issues you have now and any new ones you may have in the future.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!