What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The 'X' in RT-AX89X is just a PR thing, because it supports 10Gbps. It seems internally the name is still RT-AX89U.
I just downloaded the latest public firmware (FW_RT_AX89X_300438647468.trx), and the file starts with this:
ax89u.png

Interesting! Thanks for the info. I sent my RT-AX89X/U to ASUS last week as the dump I sent ASUS showed there is an issue with power delivery and they recommend I RMA it. I'm on my backup (usually an AiMesh node) GT-AX11000 for now.

Well I just dumped my 2 * RT AX89X units after one unit continually failed to hold an Ethernet backhaul connection.
The interesting thing is that whilst waiting for my Ubiquiti system I replaced the defective RT AX89X rev B1 with an old GT AC5300, and the system was streets better.
The Ubiquiti system however is a step above the best that the Rt AX89X mesh ever delivered once it’s up and running.
one interesting stat is the number of units connecting to a 5GHz node is an order of magnitude better

Looks like the link for the RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_31307 beta expired, anyone able to upload it again or PM me a link?

Looks like the link for the RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_31307 beta expired, anyone able to upload it again or PM me a link?
I had to pay the site to restore this file, but I have tried this on my router, and surprisingly it fixed the issue from the previous official update. Here is a link to my google drive for the file. Can someone please upload it to an official hosting service if you can? Thanks.

RT-AX89U_9.0.0.4_388_31307 (This will work for both RT-AX89U and RT-AX89X routers)

I have so far experienced zero issues with this firmware after 10 days. The latest official firmware was locking up for me every 2 to 3 days, and sometimes more than once a day. I don't have a complicated setup. My AX-89X is the router in an AI Mesh with 4 nodes on wired backhaul, servicing about 55 clients.

Is this Beta still the latest version? (31307). So far don't see any issues. AX89X as main router and connected to AX88U as node. Servicing 35 clients. Only do a restart once a week.
Hope that Asus will release stable 388 version soon.

Well I am so glad that I am no longer on this merry go round, my 2*ASUS RT AX89X mesh was replaced by a Ubiquiti Dream Machine on New Years Eve, its had no reboots, my IOT devices are all functional, and Apple Home has not had a hissy fit since.
The cream on top of this is that my router connection speed is up from 933Mbps to 1003Mbps

the other sad thing about the RT AX89X is the B1 revision unit died with continual dropping of the 10Gb backhaul the day I replaced it

So thanks to everyone who responded to any of my questions I really appreciated your support in helping improve my setup issues

Is this Beta still the latest version? (31307). So far don't see any issues. AX89X as main router and connected to AX88U as node. Servicing 35 clients. Only do a restart once a week.
Hope that Asus will release stable 388 version soon.
So after several weeks, this beta is performing flawlessly for me. Way better than some of the past official releases.

I'm still seeing RAM usage climb to concerning levels over time (days). This was rebooted one week ago:

RAM.png

Prior to these betas, RAM usage would hover around 52–54% indefinitely.

This escalating RAM usage issue might be tied to running an endpoint on a permanent VPN connection (not using VPN fusion), but I haven't been able to pinpoint that to be completely sure.

Last edited:
Those RAM levels are not concerning at all.

Those RAM levels are not concerning at all.
Agreed. It would have been concerning if the RAM usage was gradually increasing, as an indicator of a possible memory leak. But according to your graph the usage level is static.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!