What's new

Beta Asus RT-AX89X_9.0.0.4_388_31185 Beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

how did you get the firmware beta files?

From an earlier post on this thread:

Is anyone having issues with 2ghz constantly dropping in which requires a reboot of the router while using firmware version: RT-AX89X : 9.0.0.4.388_32100-gd2badf4?
Rebooting the router every 12 hours is getting a little ridiculous!

You're running Beta firmware. What have you done to isolate this issue?

Is anyone having issues with 2ghz constantly dropping in which requires a reboot of the router while using firmware version: RT-AX89X : 9.0.0.4.388_32100-gd2badf4?
Rebooting the router every 12 hours is getting a little ridiculous!
No issues with that. I'm on that firmware version with about a dozen 2.4 GHz clients. I haven't noticed anything.

Can you be a little more specific about the signature?

So far, the current beta is working well for me. Not sure what else needs to change that people are looking for a newer version. I've not had any lockups or reboots since going to 32100. My 50-something clients are attaching to my mesh network as expected. Memory usage percentage is stable in the mid-50s. CPU cores are usually running below 20% during non-dynamic operations.

So far, the current beta is working well for me. Not sure what else needs to change that people are looking for a newer version. I've not had any lockups or reboots since going to 32100. My 50-something clients are attaching to my mesh network as expected. Memory usage percentage is stable in the mid-50s. CPU cores are usually running below 20% during non-dynamic operations.
what kind of mesh system are you using? I have an x89x as main unit and two xt8 and for me it’s not working very well.

what kind of mesh system are you using? I have an x89x as main unit and two xt8 and for me it’s not working very well.
I have an AX89X as the main router with 4 nodes. 2 of the nodes are AX88Us and the other 2 are AX58Us. They are all connected with a wired backhaul.

Has anyone else had an issue with beta RT-AX89X : 9.0.0.4.388_32100-gd2badf4? where changes under the wireless/professional tab are not saving? Also, while talking on the phone with Asus today, I was told that a beta didn't exist!

Last edited:
I have an AX89X as the main router with 4 nodes. 2 of the nodes are AX88Us and the other 2 are AX58Us. They are all connected with a wired backhaul.
Ok thank you. That’s strange. I’m using a wired backhaul, too. I’ve tried several firmware combinations of the xt8 with the new ax98x firmware without success. The last working with dual wan is the 32039. maybe the TRI band of the xt8 or the 2,5 gig connection will cause the problem. Has anyone else an issue with the nodes?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!