What's new

Asus XT9 Multiple Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

New Around Here
Guys, I have 3 XT9 on my setup, with a lot of GUI setups.
I have found out that some devices that I have inside my network(2 in total, which are the same) have trouble to be consistent in connecting on my WIFI.
The problem is that sometimes they connect just fine and sometimes are not. They are getting their IP address through DHCP.
I have found the link about this devices from your support site, but I do not want to disable WIFI6(802.11ax), since this is the reason that I have bought the mesh system in the first place.
I have assigned to these problematic devices static IP addresses and guess what, the problem disappeared

The second issue is that under network map, If I select interfaces I cannot see the clients per category. In order to resolve the issue I need to restart my router. Afterwards, the problem is resolved until I do multiple changes to the configuration on my Asus system. Then, the problem reappears.

The last issue, is that a DHCP WIFI device was changed from DHCP to static IP address. It's IP address is successfully chanced but under the display of the clients I still see the old IP address.

Any ideas? I guess that all this might be present to other Asus Router.

Have you tried rebooting the routers via the GUI and see if any of these issues clear up on their own?

Edit: sorry, I see that that does work for you.

Yes, if you're making changes, a reboot is almost always required on consumer equipment. Look towards enterprise equipment for your expectations, if they are really that important to you (the cost vs. benefit ratio is greatly in favor of the consumer hardware we enjoy).

Have you tried rebooting the routers via the GUI and see if any of these issues clear up on their own?

Edit: sorry, I see that that does work for you.

Yes, if you're making changes, a reboot is almost always required on consumer equipment. Look towards enterprise equipment for your expectations, if they are really that important to you (the cost vs. benefit ratio is greatly in favor of the consumer hardware we enjoy).
Thanks for your reply.
But I do not think paying 1000euro for this is a cheap solution and I should invest more for enterprise equipment At least I am expecting these basic things to work correctly. I had other brands with less than half the money and these things were working correctly. How difficult is for this to show correctly where each device is connected? How difficult is to update the changes inside this list?
Sorry L&LD but I disagree with you. Asus is selling this for premium money, at least it should pay more attention to its customers. As far as i understand, the network map think is general in most of the Asus devices.

You're welcome to disagree, as I do with you. But that doesn't change the facts.

If you have better and cheaper options, use them. I don't see anything better at these price points.

Yes, 3 routers are expensive today. But they are the new norm.

Adjust, accept, or switch. Complaining won't help (particularly on this forum; Asus doesn't monitor these forums at all).

You're welcome to disagree, as I do with you. But that doesn't change the facts.

If you have better and cheaper options, use them. I don't see anything better at these price points.

Yes, 3 routers are expensive today. But they are the new norm.

Adjust, accept, or switch. Complaining won't help (particularly on this forum; Asus doesn't monitor these forums at all).
I wasn't complaining, I was just staging the facts.
I bet you work for Asus, thus the support(I am joking)😄.
I will wait instead and see.
Thanks for you answers L&LD.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!