What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48706 (2022/05/03)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did a dirty update from 3.0.0.4.386_46061, which ran for months without issue. Same lines in my log. Router is working fine after updating, but the node (hard-wired bachkhaul) won't let any WiFi clients connect (they say incorrect password). Tried factory resetting the node but no improvement.

Should I just factory reset the router as well and start from scratch? Ugh.
I think I've having the same issue......I keep getting devices losing wifi, then the password won't work to reconnect. Windows machine will reconnect if I just turn off wifi and turn it back on, but apple devices won't reconnect unless I reset the node or router.

I also have the impression that they fixed an issue in this firmware where the WiFi 5.2 channel would disappear and never return when 160 MHz DFS was active and a radar event was detected. I notice that the channel changes now after detection of a radar event. Will leave 160 MHz on for a while now and see how it behaves.

I've gone crazy with this upgrade and spent all afternoon trying to resolve it. I lost connection to my upstairs node, which is connected by ethernet backhaul. I had to reset it and connect it wirelessly, and it now won't work with ethernet backhaul (the Asus website says my node isn't connected by ethernet, when I know it is).

I've completely lost the ethernet backhaul ability, which is infuriating. Any ideas here, or do I have to completely downgrade?

I also have the impression that they fixed an issue in this firmware where the WiFi 5.2 channel would disappear and never return when 160 MHz DFS was active and a radar event was detected. I notice that the channel changes now after detection of a radar event. Will leave 160 MHz on for a while now and see how it behaves.
Can't say I ever saw that, and I get radar events every time it rains. However, with this latest firmware, my PC could not reconnect after a radar event until I rebooted the router, and that's new. I have a single XT8 and use 5.2 for AX only. I've turned off 160 MHz for the first time, and if it happens again, I'll probably just revert to the prior beta.

I’ve downgraded to the beta again. I’ve lost wifi connection with this new fw after a few days of use

Interesting, I also had constant problems with 160Mhz and DFS events on the backhaul WiFi and had it configured to 80Mhz more or less since day one. I upgrade to 48706 lst weekend and did a WPS reset. After reading your comment I now fixed the WiFi 5.2 channel to 160 Mhz and will wait for the next DFS Radar event and see whats going to happen ;-) .... fingers crossed

I've gone crazy with this upgrade and spent all afternoon trying to resolve it. I lost connection to my upstairs node, which is connected by ethernet backhaul. I had to reset it and connect it wirelessly, and it now won't work with ethernet backhaul (the Asus website says my node isn't connected by ethernet, when I know it is).

I've completely lost the ethernet backhaul ability, which is infuriating. Any ideas here, or do I have to completely downgrade?
I have ethernet backhaul, did a dirty upgrade from the beta, and am having no issues. It's all solid.

Just upgraded too, dirty from 46061. Seems to have worked OK. Both XT8 nodes are back. Bit early to say if there are any problems. Everything has reconnected so fingers crossed. Connected via wireless backhaul 160Mhz.

Last edited:
No stable 160 Mhz connection on the backhaul even with this release. After the first DFS event, the connection remains at 80 Mhz or even goes down to 2.4 Mhz.

I noticed that scp does not work now, the scp-binary on the router is missing.

I just wasted an hour factory resetting and re-applying settings to my router and node. The node still doesn't allow any WiFi connections. Any device that tries to connect gives an incorrect password error. I don't understand how this firmware version is working fine for some and not for others. To reiterate, I'm using my node in wired backhaul mode. Also tried disabling 160mhz but no luck.

Extremely frustrating.

odd that there are so many issues with wireless nodes. I dirty upgraded from the beta and it seems to be at least as stable for about a week now (80MHz backhaul). Maybe the difference is also that some people might be running it in AP mode and not router mode, like myself.

in 2 houses, both with a router (ax88u in one, and ax89x in other), both with 2 XT8 as nodes, both in ethenet only backhaul, no problem at all.

WiFi backhaul still not working for me (blue blinking LED). Did however try with an ethernet backhaul instead and the setup went smootly, LED's on router and node are solid white. However, when connecting a device to the node to try the connection the device can't connect to it. In the logs I see:

Code:
May 11 22:19:26 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth5: Deauth_ind XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:-60

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online