What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.28 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with DMZ

DMZ cannot be disabled ones it is activated

I believe this is an issue in both 354.27 and 354.28. Not sure whether it is also present in original asus 354 builds

In earlier asus firmware builds you could just fill in an ip address and empty the field again to disable the DMZ

In more recent builds Asus added the option to enable/disable DMZ with a second field for the ip address of the DMZ.

If i click "Enable DMZ" -> "No" the port forwardings for the DMZ still show on the port forwardings page

Is it possible that you fix this Merlin? Assuming you can reproduce it of course

I believe this is an issue in both 354.27 and 354.28. Not sure whether it is also present in original asus 354 builds

In earlier asus firmware builds you could just fill in an ip address and empty the field again to disable the DMZ

In more recent builds Asus added the option to enable/disable DMZ with a second field for the ip address of the DMZ.

If i click "Enable DMZ" -> "No" the port forwardings for the DMZ still show on the port forwardings page

Is it possible that you fix this Merlin? Assuming you can reproduce it of course

I remember a few firmwares ago, there was a bug where you couldn't leave that field empty, which prevented disabling it. At the time I fixed it on my end, and Asus also fixed it in their next release. I'm surprised tho that it would still be broken since I usually merge the webui files with each new firmwares, so mine should still be in sync with theirs.

I'll take a look just in case something else broke since that last fix (could be a bad merge).

Since the installation of .28 beta, a few times I was unable to connect to the RT-n66U admin panel. Got this message in Chrome:

Code:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at 192.168.1.1 Port 3128

May be just a coincidence, but just in case...

GH

Since the installation of .28 beta, a few times I was unable to connect to the RT-n66U admin panel. Got this message in Chrome:

Code:
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at 192.168.1.1 Port 3128

May be just a coincidence, but just in case...

GH

That looks like you are using some kind of web proxy on port 3128 - there is no Apache on the router, and it doesn't use port 3128 either.

This is a bug in build 354, Asus has already fixed it in 364. As a temporary workaround, clear dmz this way:

Code:
nvram set dmz_ip=""
nvram commit
reboot

Last edited:
Its a shame that a high perfomance router now cant even reach 120mbits anymore, due the fact they have simply disabled the hardware acceleration.
Does anybody know if they are planning on enabling it again ?
Or should i go complain at asus because i cant fully utilize my ISP anymore they call this firmware update i call it a big downgrade!

This router has no problem reaching 200 Mbits without HW acceleration.

Also you always have the option of running an older firmware version. Don't forget the 354 release is labeled as a Beta.

They have disabled the hw acceleration? I have not noticed that while using 354.28 beta. Still getting 300-340Mbps download speeds.

They have disabled the hw acceleration? I have not noticed that while using 354.28 beta. Still getting 300-340Mbps download speeds.

No, the only change was it's no longer enabled if you have IPv6 enabled. Not sure why though.

I only tested it with the regular VLANs used by WAN, DualWAN and LAN, not with user-entered VLANs.

Do you also get similar results if you run this over SSH?

Code:
robocfg show

Yes, in one row :) but further down it shows the correct VLANs. maybe they are "mappable" in some way.

Code:
admin@router:/tmp/var# robocfg show
Switch: enabled gigabit
Port 0:  100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 1: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 2:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 3:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 41815 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 4:  100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 33613 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 8: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
VLANs: BCM53115 enabled mac_check mac_hash
   1: vlan1: 1 2 8t
   2: vlan2: 0 8u
 845: vlan845: 0t 4
 855: vlan855: 0t 3

Yes, in one row :) but further down it shows the correct VLANs. maybe they are "mappable" in some way.

Code:
admin@router:/tmp/var# robocfg show
Switch: enabled gigabit
Port 0:  100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 1: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 2:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 3:   DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 41815 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 4:  100FD enabled stp: none vlan: 33613 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 8: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
VLANs: BCM53115 enabled mac_check mac_hash
   1: vlan1: 1 2 8t
   2: vlan2: 0 8u
 845: vlan845: 0t 4
 855: vlan855: 0t 3

Interesting. Ideally, I'd like to avoid having to do a full "robocfg show" since it takes a while to return its result (and would force me to go back to my original ajax-based Ethernet state report). I'll have to check if those odd values being returned with larger VLAN IDs wouldn't be a bug in robocfg.

L2TP connection issue

N66U cannot connect to the L2TP server with the error message "gethostbyname failed for 'tp.internet.beeline.ru'" in the system log (Beeline ISP). Flashing back the 270.26b fixes the problem.

N66U cannot connect to the L2TP server with the error message "gethostbyname failed for 'tp.internet.beeline.ru'" in the system log (Beeline ISP). Flashing back the 270.26b fixes the problem.
RU to NekoKoneko: На прошлой неделе была та же проблема, вместе с Интернет отвалилось и телевидение, 4 дня разбора полётов с 7-ю иженерами Билайн завершились приходом монтажников, которые, проверив провод, сказали: "Да просто DHCP-сервер забанил ваши устройста по MAC, такое бывает". Позвонил в ТП и 7-й специалист после указания проблемы связался с районными инженерами и исправил проблему ровно за 2 минуты. Как решение проблемы − замените MAC-адрес в настройках "Интернет" (WAN).

ENG: Error "gethostbyname failed for 'tp.internet.beeline.ru'" is the fault of the provider Beelint L2TP, DHCP server which adds to the ban list MAC addresses user devices. The problem is solved by a change of MAC-address of the device in the settings of your Internet connection (WAN), or persistent communication with service support Beeline with the requirement to remove the MAC address from ban list provider's DHCP server.
----------------------------------------------------

My problem − after ASUS RT-N66U firmware update to 3.0.0.4.354.28 and clear all settings Beeline L2TP (Russia) internet work well, but after first reboot connection was down with log error "Too many retransmissions on tunnel (---/---)". On 3.0.0.4.270.26 Beeline Internet work good.

PS. RMerlin, please, include to the next beta firmware this fixes file streaming for some devices (MiniDLNA minidlna/upnphttp.c issue), thanks.

That looks like you are using some kind of web proxy on port 3128 - there is no Apache on the router, and it doesn't use port 3128 either.

I think you lost me...
I don't see, really. If I can ask, what should I look at to find out what it is ?

Gaston

Attachments

• access.jpg
    access.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 724
Have you tried clearing your cache on Firefox? If you haven't, please give that a try.

yes i have tried that but it didn't help at all.
but when i read what you wrote i went back in and tried offline webappelikationsdata and that seemed to do the trick

What's the latest firmware for RT-N66U?

Merlin have mentioned .364 is in works, but is it available to download and try? Usually I do this without hesitation. For example, 345, 352 were much better for me than 270. At this time i'm using 354.27, but I recently found, that my samsung ES8000 TV is still dropping connection on 5 Ghz network... Want to try new firmaware, let it be beta, no problem at all.

I think you lost me...
I don't see, really. If I can ask, what should I look at to find out what it is ?

Gaston

Your error page mentions Apache, and port 3128. Neither of these two are related to the router in any way. Check your web browser configuration for any Proxy being configured there.

Also make sure your computer isn't hijacked by a malware intercepting some of your web connections through some proxy.

Basically: the error page you are showing me does not come from your router.

yes i have tried that but it didn't help at all.
but when i read what you wrote i went back in and tried offline webappelikationsdata and that seemed to do the trick

Yes, that page is indeed an offline page (didn't know Firefox had a separate setting for flushing these).

That new offline page is often coming up at the wrong time or giving a misleading error message. I'm half tempted to disable that new feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!