What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I got caught off-guard with the Beta 1 drop. Pulled the trigger last night.

Upgraded all gear, recycles all done and so far all good here across the board. DDNS, VPN Director, DNS Director, IOT/Nest/TP-Link/Devices all happy, IPTV all good.

Speed test checks out as expected:

View attachment 51996

So far, so good...

View attachment 51997

As always, many thanks to @RMerlin and team. Great work!

Let's GO!
Hi,
Can you please confirm if you have AiProtection enabled when you run the inbuilt Speedtest? The reason, I am asking this question is, I am having 1Gb connection and with AiPortection enabled, I can get only upto 600Mbps speed when testing with inbuilt speedtest. When I disable the AiProtection, I can see download speed upto 1Gbps.

Hi,
Can you please confirm if you have AiProtection enabled when you run the inbuilt Speedtest? The reason, I am asking this question is, I am having 1Gb connection and with AiPortection enabled, I can get only upto 600Mbps speed when testing with inbuilt speedtest. When I disable the AiProtection, I can see download speed upto 1Gbps.
I do not.

AiProtection enabled here

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 1.30.10 PM.png

Hi,
What router? Older router CPU doesn't have the processing capability to run this and give full Gb throughput. Note above the AX6000 can. I have an AX88U that can't.

What router? Older router CPU doesn't have the processing capability to run this and give full Gb throughput. Note above the AX6000 can. I have an AX88U that can't.
I am having RT-AX88U. So that could be the problem then?

August 4th, 2023: Beta 2 is now available. Changes since beta 1:

Code:
78a92dc997 (HEAD -> master, origin/master) rc: reverted ddns IP check to upstream method; fixed a few bad code merges
6a31004700 rc: re-harmonize with upstream, fixing a few bad merged sections
a6a9a8fd38 rc: reset attempt counter on successful custom DDNS update
3a9f7a5598 rc: set ddns WAN unit variable on successful custom DDNS update
c013705bf1 httpd: only skip querying channel utilization on non-dhd SoC if on SDK 5.02L07P2
3d1c9bf151 Bumped revision to beta 2

Note: due to issues with Sourceforge, some of the files might not yet be there (particularly updated documentation). I have a ticket open with SF who are looking into this. I should be able to upload the remaining files later today. They have now resolved the issue, and just to be sure I have reuploaded all files. I have to give them kudos for the quick response, SF.net has always been good to me (as a developer) whenever I needed something.

Last edited:
One small observation. From a reboot the system seems to be using roughly 50‰ more ram than beta1. I'll look a little closer in the morning, just thought I'd comment.

You like to check me up on Friday, ah?
Challenge accepted!
Sayin' goodby to 6 days seamless and smooth uptime

Screenshot_20230804_235714_Chrome.jpg

Let's go!

Last edited:
Smooth but dirty update to beta2 from beta1.
Start counting...

Done, over the hump.
31 devices are back to network, 20 mins uptime, in 40mins will do network reboot.
RAM is solid for whoever who said otherwise- 47% same as before.

For me, the most important part is Wireless- 160MHZ is up and running!

WIll update if anything changes

Untitled.png

WOOHOO! BETA 2!!! Let's GO!

EDIT: Filthy upgrade from Beta 1 --> Beta 2 done. No issues off the hop. Will give the system a reboot later and let it settle overnight and test the incoming VPN later.

EDIT 2: Still all good here. Incoming VPN connections all good - was out and about today. Pi-hole DNS all good. All devices happy. Wife happy. Daughter happy. All good.

Last edited:
I can confirm that since the alpha 160 MHz channel is way more stable - i.e. does not fall back from 100/160 to 36-64/160 (since I have no radar xx km in vicinity, it was falsely kicked out by perhaps bad neighbor signals, interference recognized as radar etc.).

I do have one issue, but it is not FW or even router fault - two of my phones POCO F3 (AX capable and Android 13) and POCO X3 Pro (only AC but WPA3 capable and Android 12), if WPA3 or WPA2-WPA3 are enabled they drop and reconnect (sometimes the F3 does not) after exactly 12h. Since new WiFi router drivers did not help (had no high hopes it would 😁 ), I am not expecting to be able to do anything with the phones stupid WiFi drivers... 😅 (tried changing just in case if it would help, one by one all the WiFi setting the router has 🙃 - no luck). Stable with WPA2 though.
Does anyone have similar issue with a device (phone or other) with WPA3??

Last edited:
Beta 2 on AX68U so far so good. And I might add my kids arent complaining about it being slow .Will report back if anything goes crazy.

Last edited:
Done a whole system reboot, works flawlessly for 20m now.
33 devices including SIP telephony, IPTV, IoT devices, CCTV and more!

Great work as usual!

All AX58U on Beta 2 running great so far >
Thank You :)

Besides a continuous every 30-seconds log spamming about mastiff, everything's smooth.
I know it's closed source and out of your control, but what is mastiff?

Code:
Aug  5 03:24:45 GT-AX6000 rc_service: watchdog 2848:notify_rc stop_aae
Aug  5 03:24:45 GT-AX6000 rc_service: watchdog 2848:notify_rc start_mastiff
Aug  5 03:24:45 GT-AX6000 rc_service: waitting "stop_aae" via watchdog ...
Aug  5 03:24:45 GT-AX6000 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: stop aae)
Aug  5 03:24:45 GT-AX6000 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: stop aae)
Aug  5 03:24:46 GT-AX6000 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start mastiff)
Aug  5 03:24:46 GT-AX6000 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event-end (args: start mastiff)
Aug  5 03:24:46 GT-AX6000 Mastiff: init

Status
Not open for further replies.